1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone own action figures?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by XenaxGabby, Jul 31, 2014.

1. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I really want to get a few action figures. I feel kind of weird about it considering my age though.

2. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a few figurines actually, I plan on getting more when I get a steady income. Don't feel weird, there's a lot more people that enjoy collecting figures than you think, it's a hobby and if it makes you happy, who cares what people think?

3. LonelyGuy80

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Go to Comic-Con and you'll never feel like you're too old to collect figurines! Have myself a Dexter one and thinking about those cute looking Game of Thrones ones.

4. ZeroDarkness

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to own like a million Dragonball Z figures until high school when I was moving a bunch and didn't have room for them so I had to get rid of them :frowning2: It's not weird at all, a lot of people collect them as a hobby :slight_smile:

5. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If I had money, I would spent a lot in Lego; being interesting in action figures it's normal lol

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i used to have a LOT of wrestling action figures but i gave them away but trust me its not weird if you like it other peoples opinions dont matter

7. TheStormInside

I used to collect figures, though I've sort of lost interest I still have some of my favorites on display. Rei Ayanami from Evangelion, Lain from Serial Experiments Lain, and Edward from Edward Scissorhands, plus some other little Evangelion and Adventure Time figures here and there.

8. Silas

Never too old for action figures! I collected the Xena ones for years, I had Xena, Gabby, Autolycus, Hercules, random Amazons and Minotaurs :lol: This was my first one from the Hercules series, it had a little chakram and everything :grin:

I gave them away a few years ago which I seriously regret now since my shelf looks so empty without them!

9. IceKunoichi

I am about to get my second one which is Levi from Attack on titan!The first one was Sakura from Naruto

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I used to have a collection of various Horror icons, like Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street), Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th), Michael Myers (Halloween), Pinhead (Hellraiser), Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Ghostface (Scream), and Chucky (Child's Play), which were action figures basically. I had them sit on my DVD shelves, where the vast majority of my personal DVD collection, tends to be Horror films. It just seemed appropriate.

But those figures are long gone. I gave them to somebody who, a few years younger than me, was going through a Horror obsession stage. Do I regret it? Not really, though I do miss the Freddy Krueger figure, since he's my favorite of the 80s Horror icons, from time to time.

As a kid, I used to have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures. But a bunch of the neighborhood kids broke or stole them. The only figure that survived was Bebop, but don't nobody like Bebop! LOL.

I see nothing wrong with collecting, or having them. Some people collect stamps, do I call them boring? Some people collect animal heads, do I call them savages? Some people collect clown statues, do I call them silly? The point is, do what you do. What one person won't appreciate or will find weird, someone else will appreciate and find endearing.

11. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Thanks for the replies:slight_smile: I feel less weird now.

12. willycubed28

I have a Xena collection of Gabby, Xena, Callisto, and Ares. (BTW I love how my computer thinks I am spelling the name Xena and Callisto wrong..HAHA).

13. Silas

lol every time I type in Xena on my phone it autocorrects to "Census" for some reason :roflmao:

I'm so jealous you had a Callisto action figure! Always wanted one for my collection but my comic book store never had it :/ I had one with Velasca from Season 2 though, it came with this Amazon head mask that kept falling off, lol

14. willycubed28

Oh I did forget that I did own a Velasca,and yes the mask always kept coming off. I lost her though somewhere. It is funny though about the auto-correct of Xena..because every time it wants to change it to Xenon, or extra lol

15. SomeLeviathan

I have quite a few Megaman NT warrior action figures somwhere.

They aren't action figures, but I also have a bunch of wooden Thomas the Tank Engine trains

16. The Dude

Have over 100 Star Wars figures, a WWE figure, Kratos from God of War, Indiana Jones, Ian Malcolm form Jurassic Park. I have a bunch of other old toys and stuff.

I had no problem throwing my legos, Lincoln logs, blocks and all my other toys, but my action figures stayed. I even buy some now and again. My boyfriend doesn't think it's weird, and even got me two for my birthday!

17. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still have my old TMNT action figures.

18. Candace

I have some Power Rangers that I had when I was ten. I've never wanted to get rid of them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

19. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I use to have alot but then my dogs ate them....

20. gaynerd64

I have a Millennium Falcon filled with Star Wars figures and a box of Lord Of The Rings figures. I mostly use them for videos.