1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J'ai tué ma mère

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FeketeHajnal789, Aug 1, 2014.

1. FeketeHajnal789

Have any of you seen this movie? I just watched it the other day and enjoyed it immensely - it is one of the films that has touched me the most (and I don't really care for movies in general). I found that I really relate to Hubert in regard to his relationship to his mother - I found most of the things he affirmed in his narration as spot on, e.g. how he'd get along with his mother just fine if they were strangers or how he'd kill anyone who hurt but could nonetheless name a hundred people he loves more than her. I have a very similar relationship with my mother, whereas I think that few others do (at least from the people I know personally). I also identified with his general turmoil - his mood shifts, his bouts of depression (e.g. the self-pitying in the bathtub toward the end), etc.

Beside this, I liked Hubert's character in general - his intelligence paired with his haughtiness/foolhardiness, his morosity and mystique, etc. He was somehow awe-inspiring, even with any flaws he may have had. I likewise found him really attractive, which also contributed to my overall impression of the movie. Finally, I quite enjoyed the relationship between Hubert and Antonin - I found it very romantic, for some reason. It looked like the kind of relationship I'd like to have. By the way, I thought the sex scene with him and Antonin on the floor, with the newspapers and all the paint, was the hottest sex scene I've ever seen :icon_mrgr.

What did you think?

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I shall put it on my "to watch" list.

3. timo

I've seen it, but it's been a while so I don't remember that much of it. I thought it was good though. Need to watch it again some day soon.

Definitely one of the best gay-themed movies I've seen though.

4. Candace

It's a French film? Okay then, I must watch it!

5. AAASAS

O.P are you really from Macedonia?

My grandfather was from Ohrid, and my Grandmother was from Florina. My middle names are Germanos and Dusan, and mothers maiden name is Meofski.

That would be fucking awesome if you were Macedonian, I literally do not know any other Macedonians besides the ones blood related.

I'm from Slavic Macedonia, but my grandmother was from Aegean Macedonia in Greece though she spoke both languages. Though she spent the majority of her life in Paris because of the war. She was fluent in French, Czech, Russian, Macedonian and Greek, very smart lady.

I was also supposed to go to Skopje, Macedonia September 12th, 2001, but flight got cancelled and trip because of the terrorist attack.

Sorry to derail, just can't believe I see Macedonia as your location!

I'm also Canadian and so is this film, haven't seen it or heard of it, but I actually love Canadian cinema.

Two of my favourites are C'est pas moi je le jure, and Bon Cop Bad Cop; bilingual movie that's actually pretty funny.

#5 AAASAS, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  6. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately I've not seen it yet, but have wanted to for a very long time. Annoyingly, have had it on reserve with my library's database since August of last year even though the waiting list is very, very short... :dry:

7. AAASAS

French-Canadian, very different.

Basically like Canadians, with better food. The language is very different, alot of anglicism and different pronounciations.

J'm. or Tabarnack de criss de calisse de la mere. (sorry can't spell)

Try saying that in France. Or figuring out what it means, just an example of how different the languages are. It basically means nothing in france.

When I try to talk to my brothers girlfriend in French; she is from same province but from the french part, she has to take a second to try and translate what I am saying because I pronounce like France, and she does not speak like that at all.

#7 AAASAS, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  8. FeketeHajnal789

Yes, I'm really from Macedonia - Skopje, to be more precise. What's so shocking about that? You can meet people from any country online :grin:.

Anyway, I think that "C'est pas moi, je le jure" may be an interesting film, based on the plot synopsis I read. I generally dislike films that focus on children, but the motif of suicide arouses curiosity.