1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How weird has Adventure Time gotten?!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JustJJx, Aug 10, 2014.

1. JustJJx

Okay as anyone who watched Adventure Time will know, it has it's really odd moments!
    But season 5 and 6 have reached new heights of WAT DA FUQ!!

SPOILER ALERT, we may discuss new and recent episodes!

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a great show. Liking a lot of the character development especially in terms of Marceline and Princess BG.

3. JustJJx

It's an amazing show yeah, i agree yeah, it's really good how more side characters are being brought forward!
    Do you know what series you are on?

4. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love adventure time, but don't you think a lot of it is wayyyy too deep for a kids programme? Seriously some of the themes running are unbelievably complex. Even the theme tune is creepy, have any of you listened to the whole thing? The bit during the credits, I mean.

I only get to watch it every now and then though. I have no idea what series I'm on!

5. timo

I'm still watching season 1 :lol: but I love it. I feel a bit old watching it but it's SO funny.

Leaving thread as I don't want to see any spoilers.

6. Simple Thoughts

I love adventure time.

A couple of the newer episodes have gotten a little weird. I thought the lemon hope episode was a little out there ^^"

7. JustJJx

God damn lemon hope :/
    No way is this a kids show haha, it's for stoners and adults :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Simple Thoughts

That's probably why its air time is in the evenings.

9. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

This is true and I have lived it :eusa_whis

10. mangotree

Love Adventure Time.
    Oh my goodness does it make me laugh.
    I rarely watch TV, but I can always find time for Finn and Jake.

I agree that it's suitability for children is questionable... it raises a lot of questions about human nature and blatantly goes against what children would normally be exposed to.
    I haven't decided yet if I think that's a good or a bad thing... maybe it's neither and both.

Perhaps the only negative about it is that parents have to figure out how to answer all of those questions.

11. Acm

Acm Guest

I love that show, it seems like it can be meant for either kids or adults which is nice. It has been pretty weird lately but I like that part :lol:

12. TheStormInside

I love Adventure Time, too. I don't think it's inappropriate for children. There have been a few jokes here and there in recent episodes that I think may have crossed the line, but outside of that I think it's a really great show for kids. 6 year olds may not get it, but 10+ likely will pick up on more than you'd expect. Shows like this make me happy, because it's the kind of thing the kids who watch it now will be able to look back at and still enjoy in adulthood, because there's more going on beneath the surface. I also feel like this show is starting to grow up with its audience this season, as there have been some really obvious episodes about Finn dealing with puberty as well as rather adult issues regarding family.

13. gaynerd64

I've never seen the show. I cut on Cartoon Network out of boredom a month ago and it was on. I couldn't make any sense of it. Ice King writes a "fan fiction" that comes alive and farts. Then the room he is in collapses and after escaping a robot tells him to "find his happy place". Moments later he is talking to some imaginary lady.

I haven't seen anything stranger.

14. AAASAS

Adventure Time is borderline for adults.

All that's really missing is swearing and it'd be up there with The Simpsons, Family Guy, or South Park.

Really well written, love the animation, the body movements; they get me the most, and how original it is.

It also makes me laugh which is a bonus.

Kid shows in general are getting weirder, it seems there is a lot more room for abstract thinking and creativity in all facets of media today. It's just the world opening up more to different ideas.

15. Greeley

I watched season 1 -4

I thought Season 1 was so much weirder than 2-4

16. Simple Thoughts

If you wanna see one of the shows more coherent episodes to get a better idea of what's going on watch the episode "I remember you" it's beautifully written the songs are amazing, and it'll make the ice king make sense to you.

17. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I love Adventure Time! I'm still on season 5 I think..or is it season 4?...but I enjoy every minute although it does have it's weird moments.
    That episode with the Spiders, Barb and her husband was just...strange. And the one with all the little mini versions of the AT cast given to Finn by Magic Man was also a strange and slightly disturbing episode.

I still enjoy it though. Where do you think I get my awesome orientation line from? Adventure Time~ When Finn and Jake go to the Nightosphere and are waiting in that long ass line to meet Hudson Abadeer. Finn nearly gives up because 'his little boy heart can't take' any more waiting.
    As you can tell...I'm just a big fan.

@Simple Thoughts: I love that episode and I pretty much memorized the song! It added more layers to Marceline and the Ice King's characters.

*singing* "This magic keeps me alive, but it's making me crazy. And I need to save you, but who's going to save me? Please forgive me for whatever I do when I don't remember you..." T__T

18. Simple Thoughts

*singing* Marceline, I can feel myself slipping away. I can't remember what it made me say. but I remember that I saw you frown. I swear it wasn't me, it was the crown.

19. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Ice King: Wow! I wrote that? Hot stuff. :grin:

20. Simple Thoughts

xd