1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebrities and gaydar

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LifeAsWeKnowIt, Aug 10, 2014.

1. LifeAsWeKnowIt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey so I definitely don't want this to become a prejudicial thread where we judge celebrities for who they are/stereotypes and stuff, so that's my disclaimer thing.

Anyhow, in a light hearted way, I was just wondering if there's any celebrities that make your gaydar go crazy, but don't identify as LGBT.
    For example, Demi Lovato has for a good while made my gaydar go crazy, though I don't know why this is (it may just be wishful thinking!)
    Another one is Kristen Stewart.
    I have no valid reasons to believe that either of these are LGBT, but for some reason, they just make my gay bells go off.

Is there anyone that does this to you? :slight_smile:

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I thought Zac Efron was gay.

3. RedFireFly

I know Kesha's bi.... (She's my favorite artist, so I'm not hating her XD)
    I always thought he guy that plays Alan from 'Two and a half men' is gay.

4. White Knight

I have that feeling... vibe I get from some people whenever I saw them first time on TV. They usually turned out to be gay or I learned they are gay after a little google-fu.

Like... Ricky Martin, Zachary Quinto, Tiziano Ferro, Russell Tovey, Wentworth Miller or Darren Hayes. (Other than Tovey all other came out way after I deduced they are gay)

While not related to that vibe as it's not working on females, I am getting that weird ideas lately from Kylie Minogue...

5. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My gaydar sucks. I thought Wentworth Miller was straight and that all the rumours were made up.

6. Minionluvsu

I know, I've had that same feeling too. And then she shot her latest music video at LA pride... :lol: wishful thinking.

7. sigga

sigga Guest

Kristen Stewart, as you said. Maybe she's just a tomboy, but there's something more that makes me think she's gay. Idk :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. PortugueseNaya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really think that Dianna Agron is gay

9. BrittanyBicorn

Dianna Agron
    Lea Michele
    and
    Darren Criss (I want him to date Chris Colfer)

10. black-cat

Olly Murs!
    Tom Daley has for a while, and he came out of the closet a while back.
    I also think that Demi Lovato might be gay, or perhaps bi/pan.
    Louis from One Direction, and a little bit with Harry Styles, also from One Direction.
    There are a bunch more but of course my mind has gone blank, lol.

11. daisy448

daisy448 Guest

Louis Tomlinson and Harry styles, dianna agron because of the 'likes girls' shirt :slight_smile:

12. Candace

I'd put money on Harry Styles or Oprah...

13. AAASAS

Basically any of the actors, literally I think a lot of them are closeted gay.

Dramatics are highly associated with gay people. So there must be uneven proportion of actors who are gay. It's just not socially acceptable, or marketable for a name brand celebrity to come out as gay.

I even fall into this stereotype. I took Drama as a kid, was in a bunch of plays in front of like hundreds of people, was in a commercial and an extra for two different movies. I also fall out of it because I don't like theatre, and I don't like broadway, I don't like musicals....etc. I only liked the idea of movie dramatics because they seem so much more real than on stage...etc.

I also work with someone who used to be a filming liason for some studio in Toronto.

She said A LOT of MALE CELEBRITIES had MALE CALLERS going to see them, that is 10/10 guys going to see the likes of Bruce Willis, and even Jamie Foxx. SHE WAS DEAD SERIOUS. Bruce Willis had dudes going to his room for sex.

The only male actors that aren't typically gay are the COMEDIC ones, because they WERE STAND UP before they did acting, or they are just so eccentric it's hard to place them as just gay because of it.

Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrel, Jimmy Falon....etc all are straight for sure, but most of the serious actors even the ones in action movies...etc, are gay as fuck.

#13 AAASAS, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014