1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody else find Snow White annoying???

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaynerd64, Aug 11, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

My sister has been watching Disney's Snow White nonstop (As most four year olds do) and Snow White is starting to give me a headache. Her voice is so high pitched and whiny and the songs she sings are torturous.

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. I am glad someone agrees with me.

3. BelleFromHell

I love the animation, but her voice does get annoying after awhile...

4. Candace

I watched it when I was a kid. It was pretty good, but not super amazing omg! I've seen a rendition musical adaptation of Snow White (which came out last year I think) in French. That was very good and thrilling since it was Snow White, put into modern society and stuff. Nicely done :slight_smile:.

5. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it wrong that i find this a lil amusing? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. Every time I watch that, I'm like "Nobody is ever that fucking happy or damn clueless." I know there are clueless people (Hi!). But I also know that anybody who's ever that oblivious to things (especially at that age) would probably be diagnosed with some sort of mental disability, even in that day and age.

7. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i thought this topic was about once upon a time's snow white and i was going to say hell yeah but then the topic was about disney's snow white and i haven't watched that in forever so i can't really remember???

8. BornAnew

YESSS IT IS THE WORST OF THE OLD DISNEY FILMS!!!
    The songs are horrific & the characters are more annoying than voice acting in JRPG's!

Sleeping Beauty FTW!!!!

Princess Aurora FOR PRESIDENT!

9. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay admit it, who else was terrified of Snow White as a kid?

When I was a toddler I would always hide behind the couch during the scene where the Queen transformed herself into a scary hag.

10. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Me! Once the Queen transformed, I had to stop watching. I really dislike Snow White. Way too damsel in distress-y for me. Though I have issues with all the early Disney princesses.

11. Silas

LOL me too!!! Snow on OUAT is hella annoying, I always root for Regina to kill her off LOL I can't remember much about Disney's Snow White :/

Pshhttt Sleeping Beauty can't hold a candle to the Little Mermaid! :eusa_hand TEAM ARIEL! lol

#11 Silas, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  12. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Though Ariel's personality is fun, I actually think she is the worst role model of all of the Disney Princesses. She makes a deal with a treacherous sea witch to give up her voice and risk being enslaved forever for a man she's doesn't know at all.

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

old disney movies carry an old aesthetic that, like looking at abandoned russian cartoon themeparks, incite a certain terror in the brain that shocks one to ask not how it hasnt aged well but how it was ever acceptable at all

---------- Post added 11th Aug 2014 at 09:15 PM ----------

also racism

14. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate that film so much

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always thought when I read the story that she was sexy, I've only seen the movie once but read the book a thousand times as a child ,and boy was she fine :icon_redf . Though Cinderella and sleeping beauty was more hotter I had the hots for sleeping beauty she the hottest hotter also Mulan was fine too damn Mulan had me going :redface:

Ok it's like between Mulan and sleeping beauty like their hott Oh man I forget the little mermaid :eusa_doh: ok it's Sleeping beauty Mulan and the little mermaid Oh shit I forgot Jane and Anastasia . I had the hots for them as a child but Mulan sure was hella hot along with sleeping beauty their my top girls that I like the most .:icon_bigg

I still like the hell out of snow she is not annoying her voice maybe but she can sing and she loved those animals .:tantrum:

16. White Knight

I am still on the state of being uncomfortable with concept of a young naive girl and 7 horny, God knows how long they didn't see a woman dwarves.

On the other hand it is hot to imagine how hunter let Snowie get away... darn you hentai anime *shakes fist*.

While they started everything I find most old Disney animations a snooze fest, like Snow White, Robin Hood, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty or Little Mermaid.

I like movies between Alaaddin and Tarzan. Tarzan broke the spell for me...

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Her name is Snow White. Think about it...

She's supposed to represent this pure individual, who is gentled and sheltered, so of course, coming into contact with any kind of hostility or challenge, she's going to become unnerved.

It's silly, but that's how "good" women tended to be portrayed, especially back then. So, I do agree with you, Ryuichi.

As for Snow White herself. I don't really like the Disney film, or her in it. Really, there are only two reasons to watch it:

Dopey and Grumpy.

/End.

18. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed, Dopey and Grumpy are much more fun!

I can't say I like any of the Walt Dizzy Princesses, or the whole concept of them, period. I find them all to tend towards the creepy, sexist, girls must wear pink-sparkly-things stereotype...or have scary voices, like Snow White! Not to mention the whole implication of white=purity, and all that. Blech.

Oddly, Disney hasn't reissued the movie/cartoon Song of the South, but it's an interesting contrast to Snow White.

19. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the best Disney heroines are usual the ones not part of the Princess lineup. Meg, Esmerelda, Jane, Kida, etc.

20. stormborn

snow white has always been my favourite disney princess (besides mulan, but usually they don't include her :dry:slight_smile: though i admit she can be pretty annoying. i think i liked the story and the dwarves more than i liked her.

i feel the same way about frozen, though (don't hate me!). the kids i nanny watch it at least three times a week, and it's getting to the point where i just can't stand it! i have to leave the room at certain parts because it just gets on my nerves so damn much.