1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Like Me... Favourite show ever!?!?!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Easton, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Easton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I just finished watching the first season of Please Like Me and it is now one of my all time favourite shows! If you haven't heard of it, it's an Australian show about a guy Josh (the guy who plays Josh actually wrote the show based on himself) who's girlfriend breaks up with him and tells him that he is probably gay. Just watch this show, it is hilarious and totally relatable for gay youth. I just hope I can find some torrents for the second season soon!

If you've seen the show, is it just me or is Josh an asshole that is totally likeable? And also I want to marry Geoffrey... :kiss: :thumbsup:

2. ThinWhiteDuke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just saw the first episode of series 2, it was outstandingly adorable. I need to go back and rewatch series 1 though I haven't seen them in a long time and kind of forget everything that happened.

But I love this show, it's light and fluffy and cute and exactly what i need for long summer nights. It's also been renewed already so we can all look forward to having it for many long summer nights.

3. mangotree

Yeah, I saw most of the first season back when it originally aired here in Aus.
    It's a great series :slight_smile:
    I'm looking forward to the second season.

Glad it's getting recognised overseas as well.

4. Easton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @mangotree haha I can't really speak for the rest of overseas, though I did hear about the show through an American news site the show has been near impossible to find in Canada. I tried everything to download it from American amazon and iTunes stores with no luck. I was so happy to see an Australian had uploaded a torrent for season 2 otherwise I may very well be in withdrawal at this point.

5. Average Joe

I watched the first season. I found it while looking for some Aussie shows because, well, I love the accent. And while the accent was indeed lovely, I didn't really like the show itself all that much. I think the worst part was (possible spoilers ahead?) the way Josh treated his boyfriend. Geoff seemed like a really excellent boyfriend material - caring, smart, funny, helpful, handsome. And Josh just never appreciated any of that and kept acting like a twat.

So yeah, I think Josh is an asshole but not likeable. More like annoying. And Geoffrey - yes, yes, yes :slight_smile:

6. CTJ

CTJ

I had no idea that the second season had started! I loved the first season, but if i'm honest i never thought it'd be renewed. But apparently it has already been renewed for a third!

I feel like i'm probably the only one that didn't like Geoffrey, there was just something off about him for me. Probably his neediness. Josh on the other hand i find completely adorable despite him being a complete twat at times.

7. ThinWhiteDuke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, Geoffrey always seemed like he never had much of a sense of humour or a bit bland. Very pretty, but bland.

Josh on the hand is quite cute and very funny, I'd take Josh any day of the week.

8. Candace

*Plans to go check it out on Youtube*. I honestly never heard of it until I read this thread. Thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:.

9. caughtbywitness

Loved first season but can't find a link to watch season 2 atm :frowning2: