1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!! Quickly Please!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by myra, Sep 9, 2008.

1. myra

Ok...Just started college. Classes started yesterday. My computer has decided to go haywire on me. I can't open any documents in word or any other type microsoft document. Every message reads that the "File is unavailable." Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? If you don't I have to take it to the computer techs on campus and they charge 35 bucks an hour to fix it. I don't have that kind of money. Also, I keep getting a message saying that my internet explorer is experiencing problems and it shuts it down. Any advice on what could be the problem? I need this fixed before tomorrow. I have really hard classes that i need my computer for.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Did you check for viruses?

3. myra

Its really odd. I removed my anti-virus and suddenly everything is working great. So...maybe my anti-virus was behaving like a virus? I don't know. I was using AVG Free so I don't know if maybe that had a bug or something. It seems to have fixed everything, but I'm open to suggestions in case it happens again.