1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs About Sex

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Most songs about sex nowadays are about the woman being the submissive one, but I was listening to Birthday Cake and Cockiness (Love It) by Rihanna earlier and for once the woman is taking charge. Also, noone really wants to know about two Men or two Women having sex in a song. That's why whenever I make songs about Love, I say "you" or an affectionate pet name. I suppose what I'm trying to ask is why do people feel the need to make songs about sex anyway? They are quite vulgar nowadays, so who wants to know?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A good song about sex will get me in the mood. A bad song about sex will get me in the mood for laughter. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Candace

Think of their audience. They pretty much will make music in order to appeal to the most amount of people. Believe it or not, everyone has sex. So they feel that it's a song that you, an individual, can relate to, or be put in the mood for sex. Also, people like Rihanna are valued for their sex appeal. If Marilyn Monroe (God bless her soul) were brought into modern age, and she made a song about having sex with (some guy not mentioned), wouldn't you buy her song? She turns you on, the straight person that you are, and thus you'll buy it.

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ehh depends on how you look at it really. a song about sex can get you in the right mood at the right time. are they doing it the wrong way these days as compare to back then? yea. is it all bad? not really.
    i do get annoyed at the "mainstream" releasing those kinds of stuff. the demographic is mostly made up of young individuals after all.(edit: not really saying that is all bad but it's just some things to think about.)

5. Undermine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a musician and songwriter if I feel the need to write a song about something, I'm damn well going to do it. If some people don't like the topic at hand, that's not my problem. I tend not to write about sex very often but when I do it's hidden in the subtext and not immediately obvious.

I mainly write about some heavy shit but anyone who can't grasp that just isn't cut out for real life because life isn't always a pretty, hedonistic paradise. It can be ugly, cold, mean and desolate. In the internet age, it's very easy to avoid music you don't like and continue to explore further underground in music you really do like.

6. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really think it's just because A) it's a relatable topic, and B) sex sells.

I don't mind songs about sex most of the time. Sometimes they get a bit boring (I'm sick of the "loving you tonight" crap), but then you get something like Krewella's "Life of the Party" where she actually uses the phrase "down to f---" in the song and even though it's a woman, that song really turns me on lol

But the best song about sex is "Skinny Genes" by Eliza Doolittle. It's the most innocent-sounding song about sex I know lol

7. Shadowstar1922

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of Ariana's new songs is about her boyfriend leaving her for another guy. I'm not sure if she'll give any sexual innuendos, but when you mentioned about no songs being about homosexual relationships, the Ariana song reminded me of.

BTW: the song is not out yet, and I did forget the title xD