1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saw 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by wolf of fire, Aug 22, 2014.

1. wolf of fire

I have recently watched the SAW films and was wondering if there are any fans on here? Do you view them as senseless gore or as something intellectual? Before this turns into a bunch of questions do you view Jigsaw as an out and out evil or a misguided good guy? Apparently there will be a SAW 8 at some point but nothing has come of it.

2. Higs

I love horror movies, people can complain about how bad Saw became, but compared with the stuff I've seen... Saw was great.
    The thing about Jigsaw is that he is definitely not good, but he isn't full on evil either, maybe that is what people can't fully appreciate. All top movies right now are with hero/villain archetypes, just look how many marvel and DC movies are coming out. I can't stand those movies - no moral dillema or anything to make you think, just a flashy no brainer whose ending you know before the movie even hits the half point.
    I also heard saw 8 rumors, apparently they have a plot in mind, if it keeps with airing on helloween tradition maybe we see it next year?

Edit: just googled and it looks like itt's coming 2015 spring, not sure how true that is though.

#2 Higs, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  3. wolf of fire

With any luck we will, spoilers alert (SAW 3 spoiler ahead) do you think Amanda is dead?

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I liked the first Saw. I wasn't too keen on the sequels, because the series lost it's luster, in my opinion.

But compared to other modern Horror films, it's miles above many of them.

5. xplodingpassion

i love the SAW series i really hope Saw 8 happens even though i dont it's a smart move financially for them to do another one i want to see more Saw films

6. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the Saw series, Saw III is one of my all-time favourite movies. I really enjoy the plot, it had some twists in it that I wasn't expecting. Part of me would like to see the series continued, but then I remember the horribleness that was Saw 3D. So if they do make a Saw 8, I'd like it if they focused on the story a bit more than just the gory traps.

7. Higs

I read that they are taking 3 years between saw 7 and saw 8 (instead of usual 1 year) just because of that: to write a good consistant plot, fill the plotholes, get all them unexpected twists...

I wish Amanda wasn't dead but I think she is, it was pretty clear.... However who I think could be alive is Adam? (the other guy from saw 1). We see Amanda suposedly strangle him, but it was dark, Amanda was crying, having doubts and whatever... I really hoped to see him alive in Saw 3D... maybe 8.

8. Benway

Benway Guest

Saw in Space. It's going to happen, eventually.

9. wolf of fire

Amanda killing Adam does not appear in some versions so may have not happened, but there is one plot hole we only see Amanda gunned down and pass out we do not see a body like Jigsaw and she is not spoken about again so with the return of Lawrence Gordon who was a surgeon he may have been able to save her. She is also only shot in the shoulder and chest which may have not been fatal.

10. RandomMatt

The whole franchise kinda stirred up mixed feelings in me. The first three were fairly adequate films on their own despite their flaws, but the sequels that followed (Saw IV through I think Saw VII) were just downright atrocious on every level, from the scripting to the acting. Huge slap in the face to fans of the earlier films and just plain insulting to an average human being's intelligence overall.