1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you think is the hottest guy on ANTM Cycle 21?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by don29002, Sep 1, 2014.

1. don29002

My picks:
    1) Ben
    2) Adam
    3) Will
    4) Romeo (he has that bad boy mysterious look which is a hot plus!)

2. tulipinacup

Oh god, I'm embarrassed that I watch this show but I'm not really much into the guy models and focused on the girls instead. I think eliminating Ivy was so horrible because I thought she has one of the most potential in becoming an editorial model.

As for the guys, my first impression of Adam is that he's really cute but when I've gotten to find out about his personality, it was such a turn off.

3. don29002

I agree. Adam is smoking hot. But when I saw him drinking over and over, that was a turn off for me as well.

4. tulipinacup

I do find Romeo cute as well but again, I have a problem with his personality. I think Matthew has that model look though he has to work on his angles.

5. don29002

Romeo is very sexy. I found it odd that he hated Danny from Cycle 20. I was like "It's the first episode and already they're fighting?" I was confused by that.
    Matthew isn't my type. Although Will is very handsome and good looking; I like him. I think it's awesome that he tries to empower young women through dance.
    Ben is the most sexy guy there.
    I'm black, but I'm not really into black guys; so I can't say much about Keith and Denzel. However, I hate Denzel, he's always saying homophobic comments.

6. Nimun

The tattoo-y one with the ears. I suck at names and only saw the premier.

7. Gen

Gen

None of them are that interesting to me on that level. Not to many of them have shining personalities honestly.
    The fact that Ivy and Will were in the bottom at all was ridiculous. It was clear that they struggle in the challenge and I don't disagree with their scores, but it continues to baffle me that people such as Adam and a number of other people that I can't remember the name of keep getting such high scores for no logical reason. I'm really starting to hate this random judging scale. I was leaning more towards Will just for the sake of variety, but I will be livid if she doesn't come back in the second chance.

8. don29002

I think you're talking about Romeo. He is so sexy!

9. Silas

Matthew gets my vote, I fell in love with him immediately :grin: Will is really cute too.

ITA, the scoring always seems so arbitrary and all over the place! The comments don't even match the score most of the time. They'll be like oh your picture was horrible, your face was all wrong, your entire photo reel was disappointing... but I give you a 9. Like what?? :lol:

Yeah looks-wise I thought Adam was one of the hottest ones there but the minute he opens his mouth and we get a glimpse of his personality it's like ugh :/

Yeah I felt the same, Ivy was one of the few girls this season I actually liked :frowning2: Hopefully she'll be back... from the girls that are left I'd probably go with Chantelle as my fav now.

10. don29002

I'd have to agree with you. I like Chantelle, but I also like Lenox, Mirjana and Kari.

11. don29002

What did you guys think of this week's episode?

12. Gen

Gen

*Spoilers*

Getting to the point, I was surprised that Kari beat Chantelle. Chantelle clearly had the better picture, but the more I think about it the less I care that she was eliminated. She automatically gained everyone's sympathy and support because of her features, but without them I doubt she would have maintained my interest. Even with them, I was still beginning to feel apathetic to her photos.

About everything else...

One thing that has been nagging at me is that Romeo is constantly praised for embracing his femininity while Will is constantly pressured to censor his expression and maintain a primarily masculine aesthetic. It is the same criticism that Cory received last cycle and he was even given lower scores by the judges for it. Meanwhile, Romeo is voguing in every photoshoot as though he's Madonna; it is all very hypocritical.

Will and Lennox are still my favorities. I would rather watch paint dry than Kieth or Denzel, whether during or outside of shoots. I wouldn't mind Denzel if he would give up this alpha male obsession and be a genuine person for once. He was actually very endearing a couple episodes ago, when the photoshoots had just begun and he was insecure about his appearance and ability. It's obvious that he isn't nearly as arrogance as he tries to convince everyone he is. Kieth, however is overflowing with arrogance. My biggest problem with Kieth is that he receives bonus points for looking exactly like Tyson Beckford, which makes no sense whatsoever. The resemblance between them is going to hinder his career, not catapult it. If magazines want a model that looks like Tyson Beckford, why wouldn't they just get Tyson Beckford?

As always, the offset portions of the co-ed seasons are excruciating. I don't know if everyone else is entertained by the drama, but I couldn't care less. The scene about Will and Matthews kiss was far too long. I was mildly uncomfortable and I wasn't even a part in it.

13. don29002

Hi Gen. Why were you uncomfortable when Will and Matthew kissed?
    I love Will and Lenox too. I felt so bad for Will when they did the water challenge.
    I hate Denzel because of his homophobic comments.
    I don't really care about Keith.
    Romeo is sexy, but I don't like how he just wants certain people to leave.
    Also, sidebar: I love Mirjana. I like her tough exterior. I liked that her and Matthew could've been a couple--until it was revealed that M has a boyfriend.
    My only problem with Mirjana is why she flirts with the guys in the house when she has a boyfriend back home in North Carolina.
    Ben is so sexy!
    I didn't watch Cycle 20, so I can't comment on it.
    However, I agree with you about the Romeo-Will double standard.

14. Gen

Gen

It wasn't the kiss. It was the scene where Matthew was being confronted about his sexuality. It felt like something production stirred up for added excitement, but it dragged on a bit too long and it was clear that both of them were uncomfortable. I was personally bothered; I just felt the seem was a bit unnecessary. On one hand, his arguments for being completely straight seem a bit weak. On the other hand, when being physical with the same sex becomes something that automatically makes one gay or bisexual, it perpetuates harmful stereotypes.
    Especially since it's only the beginning of the season. Usually people with relationships back home at least act like they want to stay loyal to them for the first half of the season.
    Even though I wanted to pass him off as boring in the beginning, he takes amazing pictures. I'm not personally attracted to him though. I am ashamed to say that, when speaking purely physically, the one person that would catch my eye in the real world would be... Adam. Shaving off his hair was the smartest move for him, which I hate because I don't want to be attracted to him. I refuse!

15. Silas

My jaw literally dropped when Kari ended up staying over Chantelle, wasn't expecting that elimination at all :/

Really liked Lennox last night! She looked pretty in her photo and her shot in the opening credits was awesome. I liked most of the makeovers, especially Mirjana's bob and Adam's haircut, he looks 10x hotter with the shorter hair! Matthew too :grin:

Kari's makeover was a hot mess though and Denzel's beard weave looked like something they picked up from a 99 cent store for Halloween... yikes!

16. don29002

I love Lenox! She's my favourite of all the girls. Will, Ben and Adam are my favourites out of the guys.
    Lenox's new 'do was awesome! :slight_smile: I hope she wins the whole competition! Week after week I'm impressed by her photos and she carries herself well. I think I almost talked to her online recently.
    Kari's makeover WAS a hot mess! With a cherry on top of course. I can totally feel for her about her hair. I would be the same way if somebody randomly decided to completely dye my hair and change my look.
    When Lenox started to cry, I wanted to give her a big hug

17. tulipinacup

Lol I actually love Matthew now. I guess he's not the boring straight white dude anymore since it shows that he's really open-minded regardless of his sexuality but what bothers me the most is that Mirjana has a boyfriend back home and she flirted with Matthew and Keith and the fact that they were so confrontational when Matthew and Will kissed like is that really much of a big deal? Geez.

The makeoverTy-Over (as if we didn't have enough of Tyra's ego floating around on this show) was such a mess. Kari's look doesn't even fit her at all and just when you thought that the Jesus look was the worse make-over from last cycle, You have Keith's fake beard weave that looked like something you wear during Halloween and I love that fact that Mirjana thinks it made Keith look hotter (we all know she's lying)

I do like Chantelle but I have to agree with Gen, I think her skin condition what makes her interesting but I also feel like her poses seem pretty average.

I actually thought Ben was annoying and dumb but I'm starting to find his personality entertaining, lol. Lenox keeps getting second best photo and this is the reason why I hate social media scores so much. She is my favourite girl this cycle. Shei is slowly growing on me, I also like Raelia but I think she is not getting enough airtime.

I think they want Denzel to win this cycle but I'm only basing it from what the judges say about him. It's a shame though since his photo last week wasn't even that good. (Should have been given to Lenox!!!)

18. Silas

Spoilerz ahead!

The minute they showed Lennox walking away in that 'teach' I knew that was the end for her :frowning2: I think she was just too embarrassed to keep doing those sexy poses but Tyra never lets shit like that go. Also that horrid wig Tyra was wearing must've been fastened on her head too tight cuz her scoring at panel was insane! The guys who performed worst in that photo shoot she was giving them 8s and 9s... meanwhile Ben gets a 5 and Lennox gets a ONE? She pretty much undercut the entire scoring system to guarantee that Lennox would go home.

Mirjana is just ugh and I still can't take Denzel seriously with that tacky Abe Lincoln beard he's rocking. And is it me or do these challenges seem more like Fear Factor stunts that have little to nothing to do with modeling clothes?

For this episode I give Tyra a 0.

I wonder what Lennox's chances are of winning now :frowning2: I think what hurt even more than getting the 1 was when Tyra told her she didn't deserve to get a photo! I hope she manages to pull it off somehow with the 5 frames next week but I feel like whatever tiny shred of confidence Lennox had before will be totally gone now :/

lolzz I'm always cracking up when she does these "teaches" and introduces all kinds of nonsensical vocabulary (see the tooch lesson of Cycle 18...say nooch to the hoochie tooch lmao) So after smize, H2T, tooching and booching we got boom boom pow, boom boom wow, the peeping tooch and work the smirk :roflmao: REALLY TYRA

Also Matt and Will looked hot on that spider web!

19. Gen

Gen

I automatically knew that no one was going home this week after Romeo was eliminated. Tyra's reaction to her giving up was a bit extreme, but I feel that she wouldn't have given Lennox such a low score if she wasn't already aware that everyone would stay. She just wanted to drill it into her.

I actually agree with her scores on Ben and Adam because based on there videos alone; her critiques were reasonable. While we know that on set Ben works much more efficiently than Adam, the scores are only based on the final product. Though I often feel that the judges should be more aware of how each model worked on set as they will have to be easy to work with in the real world to be successful.

I wasn't sad about Romeo leaving at all. No one would doubt that Adam is a weak competitor, but what is honestly the point of harassing him about it? It would be one thing if Adam was winning competitions left and right, but if he is not even rivaling any of the strong competitors than why not leave him alone?
    I wouldn't assume the worst yet. Based on the production choices (Lennox only gets five frames/She is sobbing in the promo for next week), I seriously doubt they would send her home. I am going to guess that we are going to get a "I have no confidence. The worlds against me. There is no way I can do this." Thirty minutes later. *Best Picture*. Best picture might be wishful thinking on my part, but I seriously doubt that production won't try to make us all root for her next week and have her end up somewhere in the top.

Lennox and Will must stay until mid-season or I'm going to be set up for disappointment no matter how the second chance works out...

20. Silas

It would be awesome if it plays out this way! Now that the deck is stacked against her hopefully they'll give her the underdog edit to make people root for her and she'll come out on top. Fingers crossed!

I'm hoping too that Will makes it far in the competition (along with Matthew who I'm completely in love with :lol: )