1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here watches South Park?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CongoColorado, Sep 1, 2014.

1. CongoColorado

I watched all episodes, the movie, and all that fancy stuff.

2. Candace

I watch it from time to time. I think that it's a really funny show, albeit very farfetched and outlandish :grin:. I loved the World War Zimmerman episode :lol:.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, I do :grin:

4. AAASAS

Funny how younger people find the newer episodes funny, and I have basically given up on the show because some of them are so weak. Just shows you that I am getting older and less relevant.

I grew up with this show, been watching it since I was in the same grade as them; grade 3. Most likely why I even started watching it is because I thought it was for me due to the kids age.

One of the biggest fans, I know every episode off by heart. Not really anything to be proud of though.

Favourite episode is Scott Tennerman Must Die, or Fingerbang

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gee I don't know, maybe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, I'm a big fan. I've seen every episode, many of them more than once. Of course I prefer the earlier seasons; 5-8 are my favorite seasons, but it doesn't mean I don't like the later ones as well.

6. CongoColorado

I like the part where Cartman insults Jews (I hope you get this).
    My favorite episode is where Stan was told he was the reincarnation or L. Ron Hubbard, but when he said that he wasn't the reincarnation, the Scientologists responded with "We will sue you!" They we're called the #1 deadliest cult once and you know what they did?
    Yup :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. AAASAS

Ha and the Ice Man one, with Marlilyn Manson singing "Stinky Britches". Ha, classic, loved when they make fun of Alanis Morisette.

8. CongoColorado

Fingerbang
    Bang bang :lol:

9. AAASAS

and girl, you know, you know, you're my fantasy, guuuuuuuuuearrrrlllllll

10. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. My mum usually moans about South Park if I'm watching it but usually ends up laughing her head off because most of the story lines are just ridiculous (which is kind of the point). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I agree about the newer episodes - that's generally true of all cartoon comedies - Family Guy, The Simpsons etc. They're running out of funny material. I still watch it though - but only if I genuinely have nothing else going on. I started watching it when I was 7 or around then because my sister had them on video - and we still do(can you believe people actually used to use VCRs?!). My mum was none the wiser. Needless to say I've always had a foul mouth. :wink:

#10 imnotreallysure, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  11. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I also agree about the new episodes.

The Game of Thrones episodes were a new low. Sexist, out of touch with reality and unfunny.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The newer episodes tend to be hit or miss, but I like the show as a whole. It is at it's best, when it is really digging into an issue.

My favorite episodes have to be:

"The Losing Edge"
    The kids try to lose, so they don't have to continue playing baseball, all summer. They are foiled at every turn. Cousin Kyle also makes an appearance, and he's one of the funnier characters.

"Scott Tenorman Must Die"
    Probably the most infamous episode. I love the build up, with Cartman getting more and more pissed until, finally, he crosses the line.

"Cartman Joins NAMBLA"
    For an episode that deals with a controversial group like NAMBLA, this is one of the funnier ones. I enjoyed the Marlon Brando lookalike group, who were pissed about being mixed up with "that other NAMBLA", as a side plot.

"Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride"
    It is as the title says. Stan learns that being gay, is not a bad thing, when his dog, Sparky, is discovered to be homosexual. It's a bit campy, but it has a feel good message to the episode. Also, the football subplot was amusing, in itself.

"Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants"
    The kids learn why the rest of the world, hates America, and through trying to return a goat sent to them. Not much else to really say, except I found the commentary amusing. I suppose, Cartman, messing around with Osama bin Laden, is worth seeing too.

"I'm A Little Bit Country"
    This episode always cracks me up. Just seeing the pro-war and anti-war sides, to the U.S. Invasion of Iraq, bicker about having to share the same area, is hilarious. Cartman also learns something, about the U.S. Founding Fathers, which is profoundly insightful.

"Trapped in the Closet"
    Tom Cruise and Scientology are subjected to South Park's might. Just a funny episode, and informative too, if you were ever curious about Scientology.

"Make Love, Not Warcraft"
    Hilarious. Seeing the South Park kids go to extreme lengths, just to bring down one person, is entertaining.

"With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"
    Very profound episode on race relations.

"Goobacks"
    Addressing the immigration issue, and how it pertains to nationalist pride, as well as employment. The "solution" to this problem is... so over the top.