1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Robert, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has/does anyone play this?

I was thinking of getting it soon.

2. Jonathan

I played it for a bit, but was kind of disappointed. The original was so much better in my opinion. One of the greatest things about the series was the opportunity to mix and match abilities from two classes to create unique and incredible combinations (like a touch ranger). That is completely lost in Guild Wars 2. A good portion of your skills are determined by your weapon, and overall I didn't see much variety in skill set. Also, each map section seemed somewhat repetitive to me with what you had to do (find the special locations, help a certain amount of people, etc.).

It's been half of a year, so maybe I'll give it another shot and have a different experience, but I'm not sure.

3. Nikky DoUrden

As Jonathan said, most say GW1 was better.
    That been said, GW2 is more "user friendly", but in my honest opinion, there is nothing to do there alone, so either with friends or at some point things will get boring. Or be in a guild that can help too, I know there are LGBT guilds ...

Also important - DONT go to a EU server because they are very thin in population. USA is way more full and even ANET are on USA servers, so pick on of those is preferable :slight_smile: