1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Captain America: bisexual?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Cerith23, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Cerith23

In the Marvel Cinematic Universe Steve has had defining relationships with both men and women (I'm thinking of Bucky and Peggy here). Chris Evans, who portrays him, has also been teased by co-star Samuel L. Jackson for being 'the first LGBT Captain America.'

Whilst he is not bisexual in the original comics, what do you guys think about Steve's orientation in the movies? Could he be? Would you want him to be? I doubt it would ever be made canon, but what are your thoughts?

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It seems like a minor detail that wouldn't really change much about the character at this point. I kinda like the idea of an LGBT hero meant to represent the American Dream. At the same time I feel like his sexuality isnt and doesnt need to be that relevant to the plot of his series though. I'd prefer to see a big name LGBT hero in a series where lgbt themes and issues are more prominent and central to the story such as maybe Xmen.

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Um well I read some Bucky/Cap writing that was astonishingly high quality.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i can't really see captain america and bucky together to be honest haha. they were best friends that fought later on in life, with both of them gone through bad circumstances in their own way. thats what makes them pretty good rivals. i just dont see it lol. i'd go with what kageshiro says, i prefer someone like northstar or even shatterstar to represent that kind of image in the long run. besides captain america seems a bit too damn busy to be worrying about that kind of stuff.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never read the comics, but I would love to see Chris Evans play a bi character! He's irresistible, and he has a gay brother. :slight_smile:

6. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh can't we just leave all the superheroes alone? I'm getting kinda tired of people who change a character's sexuality, race, gender etc. for no good reason.

7. White Knight

That Cap/Bucky thing ain't something new. They are Marvel's answer to Batman/Robin.

Also Cap dealt with similar rumors during 70s with Falcon (who is way much hotter than Bucky in the movie :grin: )

Changing his sexuality at this point, after a century long existence, will only give "gay agenda" conspiring people new ammo... Hmm of course if he could meet Priapus cross-over/cross-genre comic. Now that would be interesting to watch.:grin:

8. xplodingpassion

it would be cool if he was but i really don't think he's Bi at all, having seen both films a few times i think Cap is straight