1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Fight

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kaiser, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

What are some of your favorite fights? These don't have to be intense hand to hand combat, they could be a battle of sorts, like a rap battle, or a battle of wits. So long as it involves some kind of opposition, it should count.

You can cite movies, animation, or even real-life. I'm just curious, if anyone else appreciates fighting styles, like I do.

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Peter Griffin fighting that chicken.. :grin:

And I like Celebrity Deathmatch. :roflmao:

3. Ryujin

The fight scene in Episode 4 of Log Horizon called "Escape" where SHiroe and Nyanta defeat Demikas with such epic precision when timing the slashes and the binding it's epic. Also when Sub fights Killua in the Greed Island arc of Hunter X Hunter. And every Gungi match ever. The tension in the air is ridiculous.

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Yu-Gi-Oh! Not that they were good by today's standards but i remember how it felt when Yugi finally pulled that "one" card against all odds and winning. Maybe i'm just nostalgic. I actually played the game IRL, with actual cards and often found myself trying to re-live the situation where i depend on one card and i just happen to pull it and turn the game. The rare occurrences this happened made me have a small orgasm of excitement! On a side note, was a nice place to meet cute boys. Alas i'm too old for that now, i am pondering if i should start playing Magic the Gathering... but that's another story

5. Ryujin

I disagree, you're never too old to play card games.

6. shinji

shinji Guest

You'd think that but trust me, it really undermines your own confidence when you blurt out something like "i summon my black luster soldier - envoy of the beginning and attack your scapegoat, then attack again because that is the effect of my monster, muahhahaha i win!", and the one you are saying this to is like...15+ years younger than you... and his parents are next to him...watching. I feel as though MTG will be different, seems more mature...

7. Ryujin

"Using the effect of Divinity of Pride it gains +4 +4 and then activate enlarge to add +7 +7 and then I attack you with my unblockable, flying angel dealing 15 damage and gaining 15 health which is when Sanguine Bond's effect activates, as I gained 15 life, you lose 15 life, killing you instantly. I win"

Sure.... More mature... :grin:

Also, the place where I go to play is essentially full of 13+ people who are there on their own and who do the exact same thing and their parents aren't there. It's a very shameless atmosphere.

8. shinji

shinji Guest

Okay, putting aside the whole "is it mature or not" thing... what do you suggest i start playing, YGO or MTG? Or neither? Seeing as how i'll be doing it so that i can meet new people, and not for the game itself, although... i don't know, might be fun? MTG has always sounded too complicated to me, all the effects and stuff...

9. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [youtube]Qoow4XvhEUc[/youtube]

10. Ryujin

Fourth option, both :grin:
    If money's an issue then only focus on the one which is most played near you, then you get the play against the most people and make friends and stuff. I barely ever play MTG despite it being my favourite because YGO and Vanguard are much more played and so I focus on Vanguard which IMO is more fun then YGO, but maybe it's just because my deck sucks :lol:

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Ip Man (2008)​

[YOUTUBE]Yj4zSY7nQzE[/YOUTUBE]​

To give a little background on this. Ip Man is the fellow in the black, and his opponent, a northerner, is named Jin. Jin has traveled to the south, in search of a 'worthy' opponent, and plows through the various martial art masters. While doing this, he learns about Ip Man, a seclusive individual, who prefers to spar privately with individuals. Ip Man is very talented, but he doesn't like to humble people in public, with his skills... unless they push it, by being dicks or arrogant.

Before this fight begins, Jin barges up to Ip Man's house, with his posse in tow, and demands to fight him. Jin is intrigued that 'a man can fight like a woman', as Ip Man uses Wing Chun, a style supposedly developed by a woman. Jin wants to fight, not only for this curious fact, but because of Ip Man's reputation. However, Ip Man's wife, isn't exactly tickled about this... but when Jin runs his mouth, she gives her okay, with the condition they not break anything.

During the fight, some possessions are broken, but Jin claims he will pay for them. This allows the fight to continue, until, well, finally, Jin resorts to being cheap... and gets his ass handed to him. In the middle of the fight, Ip Man's son, rides in, and reminds him what mother said. This is a very cute and amusing scene, which adds to the charm.

I like the choreography of the fight, and the music is pretty bumping too. The little story surrounding it, just adds to the fight.

12. White Knight

Most of the John Byrne Fantastic Four adventures qualify for this I guess:

FF vs Gladiator vs Skrulls ft. Captain America & Spider-man
    FF vs Doom Bots
    FF vs Galactus leading to creation of Nova/Frankie Raye(ft. Avengers(Thor, Iron-man, Wasp & Cap), Doctor Strange and quest app. by Spider-man and DD)
    FF vs Elementals created by Diablo.

Justice League vs Batman... a.k.a Tower of Babel or Doom in DCU animated universe.
    Any Batman vs Joker fight.

13. Yosia

Fight between Yuuji vs Shana and the othe Flame Haze's from Shakugan no Shana III.

14. tulipinacup

I was going to post this one but I do love this movie so much!

15. Nimun

All of the fight scenes in Catwoman. It was one TV the other day and I almost cried from laughing so hard.

Here is some of that choreographic brilliance:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpTGVHR84g[/YOUTUBE]

16. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Oh Yes!! I like this Thread!!, but I shall find it.

17. AsheTheHuman

ANY of the fights in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

18. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I were to see any, it would be a duel by Miyamoto Musashi, a legendary ronin samurai.

19. Gwendolyn

Do the fights in Puella Magi Madoka Magica count? If so, ALL of them. Especially the one in Rebellion.

20. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

If you love this fight scene, you'll love the a lot the Martial Art series on Chinese tv :slight_smile:

This scene looked bad arse
    [YOUTUBE]req1dHKewGI[/YOUTUBE]

:roflmao:
    [YOUTUBE]NXiuox2F_qg[/YOUTUBE]

#20 Ouzo, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014