1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who should (my favourite singer) Sia collaborate with on a new album?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by don29002, Sep 4, 2014.

1. don29002

I've been a fan of Sia since July 2009. I love that she's a songwriter now. But if she makes a new album, who should she sing a duet with?
    Some of my friends have said Bjork should sing with her.

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so sorry to tell you that I have no idea who Sia is... So I don't know.

I think that Björk is a talented singer who has some great techniques.

3. tulipinacup

I've been a long time fan of Sia and have heard her earlier works with Zero 7. I really miss her older stuff but I actually don't mind her 1000 Forms of Fear album. It's certainly such a big turn from her more ambient/solemn style and it's one of the most interesting pop albums out there.

If she would ever to have a collaboration with someone, I'd go for FKA Twigs.

4. don29002

I love her older material and her new songs/albums. "1000 Forms of Fear" only has about 4 songs I really like: "Chandelier", "Free The Animal", "Big Girls Cry" and "Eye of The Needle". I love her albums Healing Is Difficult (it's extremely rare to find, and if you buy it online it's like $36; I bought it on on Amazon for that price) and Colour The Small One.

By the way, who are FKA Twigs? They sound like a band.

5. tulipinacup

Those are 4 of my favourite songs on that album too! lol I don't get why people like Dressed in Black so much. I do like Colour The Small One too. Also,FKA Twigs is a stage name of Tahliah Barnett. She's sort of new in the music industry but her first few release is really good. If you like trip hop you might want to check her out

6. Gen

Gen

This statement is unforgivable. That song is everything.

Though it's interesting because this was the first album of her's that I specifically paid attention to. In the past, I had only heard her radio hits from time to time. You can definitely tell a great difference between her past singles and the singles on the new album, which is probably why you have some people who weren't fully satisfied and other people who are obsessed with it. Her voice is still present, but the personality of the music is entirely different.

I'm obviously in the second category. Similar to how you guys feel about this album, I only enjoyed a handful of her past songs, but adore every second of this album.

7. don29002

I thought "Dressed In Black" was an okay song. Not as good as Free The Animal!
    Nice. What are your favourite songs from CTSO? Mine are "Moon," "Natale's Song," "Where I Belong," and "The Bully".
    Do you have Sia's second album Healing Is Difficult from 2002? I have all Sia's albums except "1000 Forms of Fear" (I downloaded all the tracks online) and "OnlySee" (it's an extremely hard album to find).
    I'll check out Tahliah. What are your favourite songs by her?

8. tulipinacup

I don't have problem with the song at all but I thought I've already heard of it in some of her past album work. Imo, Free The Animal is one of her strongest track because I like how experimental it was with it's glitchy catchy tune.

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2014 at 03:56 PM ----------

I need to relisten to Colour The Small One but songs I remember from that album is Sunday, Butterflies, Don't Bring Me Down,Bully and of course Breathe Me.

It's embarrassing that I don't have all of her albums but I was able to catch up from her works through Youtube. As for Healing is Difficult, I really like Fear and Drink to Get Drunk.

I thought the album cover of it is genius. I like how the album title looks like it was carved on her face
    [​IMG]

People are comparing FKA Twigs to Aaliyah especially on her Two Weeks music video because she's paying Homage to her role from Queen of the Damned.

Definitely check out Papi Pacify,Ache,Pendulum and Hide.

9. don29002

Relisten to it if you need to.
    Off "Healing Is Difficult" I love Taken For Granted, Judge Me, Little Man, Fear, and Insidiously.
    I would love to get a copy of Sia's first album "OnlySee".