1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Not a virgin" parody

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fallingdown7, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcBBluH5QM

I thought some of my fellow EC members would appreciate this song/video. It's a parody to Madonna's "Like a Virgin" but highlights how problematic and fake the concept of virginity is.

It was a huge eye-opener to me and I hold this song close to my heart (even if It's not perfect/professionally done; I really admire the lyrics more than anything).

2. shinji

shinji Guest

At least the guy is cute... Don't really care that much about the lyrics, they sound forced and fake and... just can't connect to this like you do.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think the lyrics are kind of forced to match with the actual music, which I admit can be better. But I think the lyrics themselves have a lot of meaning alone when it comes to the subject. There aren't a lot of anti-virginity songs out there, and I'd love to see more that are more professionally done so It's a start for me.