1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with song from VMAs

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JayC, Sep 14, 2008.

1. JayC

JayC Guest

For those of you that watched the VMAs there was a performance with Leona Lewis and Lil' Wayne. I remember Leona saying in the song, "Please, Don't let me be misunderstood." I have looked EVERYWHERE for this song if you all can help me please do. Her voice is great and she hits some great notes in this song.

2. davo-man

Hmm, the question is a bit ambiguous. If you want a copy of her singing that song, then unfortunately Youtube is your best bet, with the video/song being here and higher quality audio version here. If you wanted to download it, it is possible but I'm not allowed to say how on this website.

As for what song it is, the song she sings is Don't Let Me Be Missunderstood, originally by Nina Simone. However, the performance at the VMAs was of an altered DontGetIt, by Lil Wayne, which sampled Nina's song.

As an interesting fact, that song has also been famously covered by Cyndi Lauper, John Legend (with the voice of an angel :slight_smile:) Yusef Islam (formerly Cat Stevens), Elvis Costello and most famously The Animals

3. JayC

JayC Guest

thank ya 4 the info