1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate new facebook

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ccdd, Sep 17, 2008.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Anyone else hate new facebook? :tantrum:

2. SamAlex728

the new facebook annoys me
    i was just getting settled in and they go and move everything around
    a few months ago, myspace did the same thing
    they want it to look more futuristic or whatever the fuck, but it just moves things around and makes it frustrating

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I know. I was having a terrible time finding my Scrabble game that I was playing with my daughters. I suppose we'll get used to the changes.

4. Helen

Helen Guest

IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS :frowning2:

I don't know why they had to go around changing it so much, seriously. It's now really jumbled up and messy, and it takes me absolutely ages to find stuff now *grumbles*

5. Jerr

I love the new facebook. Although, people constantly bi.... uh, complaining about it is getting QUITE old.

If something doesn't work, report it. My friend did and now the function that wasn't working, works! (Magic, I know. She must be some voodoo witch but whatever.)

I don't even remember what the old facebook looks like. I removed the option to return to old facebook on the first day and never went back. I'm use to it now and can't think of life before it.

Oh, I also find everything as fast as I need to. My applications are now hot keyed at the bottom of it. If you're still having problems after 2 weeks of using it, I'd suggest holding Ctrl and pushing your mouse will up. (scroll up style.)

6. Emile

Emile Guest

I love the new Facebook. It looks less like it's for teens. It looks more formal, and it puts more emphasize on the informations than on random applications.

7. Agreed. In spite of the fact that there is less focus on applications, I think the older version wasn't as sloppy or hard to navigate. Hopefully, with time, both of those issues will be resolved.

8. Beth

hmm stupid.why cant they let u choose wether to have it this way or the old way
    theres like a huuuuge gap!no applications are showing up in boxes
    what the hell

9. who hates the new facebook?

*raises hand*

10. Words

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hated it at first, but I had an open mind and got used to it.

I realize it is a LOT cleaner than the old one, and people's profiles aren't a mess of 9999 apps now where you can't even find their wall. Definitely an improvement.

11. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like the fact that everything's organised into areas. Where before you'd have to search through an entire profile page just to find what you were looking for, it's all condensed into tabs and links now.

And also the fact that every time you viewed someone's page, you had to load ALL of the apps that they had on it. Some people I know had so many apps, my computer couldn't even load the page!

Now that it's stripped down, you can see what you want when you want to, without having to sort through all of the crap.

I can't say I agree with their phasing out strategy, but I think the change is for the better.

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never used Facebook anyway, I don't even know what these changes are. Something about a new layout and organization, it seems.

13. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked Facebook the way it was before the changestook place. I had just gotten use to everything and then they switch it. Hmm. Guess I'll have to get familiar with this version.

14. Derek the Wolf

Everyone hates the new facebook. They took something good and tore it apart. Oh well..

15. I hate new facebook too. With a passion.

16. Techcompu2

I am getting used to it but I still prefered the old Facebook and I stil have broblems finding things. There are some improvments that I like and some more that need to be made.

I was pretty new to Myspace when they did that:icon_redf so it did not bother me but I had to ask my friend from school how to change my profile picture:icon_bigg

17. Jerr

I like how a lot of people are saying "Nobody likes the new facebook!" or "Everybody hates the new facebook!" One or the other... well both with HORRIBLE spelling and yet... there are people who like it...

Myself and others. This constant bitching is getting old. I mean jeezus christ! If you have a problem with it, Go back to myspace! It is their website, they may do with it as they please.

I mean, I personally don't miss the 5 minute load time (with high speed) so I could see all 200 applications that the person DOESN'T EVEN REMEMBER ADDING.

Also, how come it is "sloppy" now that it is "organized." I mean, I know it is organized but I was confused why so many people are assuming it is sloppy because it is different.

Also confused on how it is hard to use now that it is organized...

18. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it does clean up the "2935790987 apps on a profile" problem, but that would have been better delt with by not letting apps in the first place :wink:

My problem is that it runs terrible on small screens like my Eee, and the combining of wall and minifeed is horrible, and very space inefficient.

19. Paralyzer

Facebook is clean now?
    Personally, I friggen hate all the annoying applications on myspace. They just appeared one day and all my retarted friends added random pointless... things that make no sense whatsoever and sent me tons of unprovoked spam to f***in' buy them or "SUPER BUDDY POKE" them. wtf.

Maybe I should give facebook a chance?
    Actually, I'm not sure I could even join a site that promotes or uses applications as they now deter me from checking my comments only to find that I've been given a virtual gift I'm unable to look at until I "ADD SUPER RANDOM GIFT NOW!!"

20. Jerr

Facebook did applications first. They did them pretty good and with the blocking feature... no worry about constantly getting the app invite.