1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Weird

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Haven't posted a thread like this in a while :wink: Did anyone else use to watch this? In my opinion, it will ALWAYS be the best Disney show, no matter what. It ran from 1999-2001 (I think lol o.o) It was the darkest disney show they made, for the first 2 seasons. Then they replaced the main character with another girl, and made the 3rd season "lighter". Then it fell victim to Disney's 65 Episode limit rule, despite remaining one of the top rated disney shows, which is where many great shows fell.

Kim Possible was the first show to break this rule, after millions of fans protested the cancellation. That's So Raven and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody have since been extended past 65 episodes without protest. Miley as stated Hannah Montana will continue as long as fans want it, so I'm guessing that means they dont have a limit either... Now, if only the 65 episode rule never existed :frowning2:

Here's the opening theme: (To Mods: This is NOT my youtube profile, and I do not have any comments on said video, so they can't find me via clicking the video =P)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8frXzn2pDc[/youtube]

I still consider it the best opening theme of any disney show as well, and many people agree. It's developed a "Cult following" lol.

Anyone else love this show now or when it aired? For those who don't know what it's about, it's about a Singer (Molly), and her daughter (Fi), and son (Jack), who are on a tour for Molly. Throughout the series, Fi seems to attract paranormal activity, and learns more about the mysterious death of her father, culminating in multiple near death experiences, brought on by multiple creatures.

In Fi's final episode as the main character, she is on a rooftop of a skyscraper with her fathers twin sister, whom Fi believes has been getting contacted by her father. Her aunt gets locks out of the roof into the stairwell, where Jack had just arrived, leaving Fi alone on the roof. (Molly is doing a concert during this) She is attacked by a creature, who pushes her off of the roof. In her desperate screams for help, she somehow communicates to her mother, and Molly starts feeling something is wrong. Jack and her aunt see Fi holding on from the edge from a window under, and as she loses her grip, the song Molly sings begins to pick up, and as Fi's fingers give in, her father appears (as a ghost <_<), grabbing her, and lifts her to safety. There was a huge storyline set to come after this, but that was scrapped when disney wanted a Lighter Third season, and Fi's actress chose to move on. This is by far my favorite episode of the series.

The actress that replaces Fi is Alexz Johnson, who plays Annie, an old family friend. Throughout the 3rd season, it is discovered Annie has an attraction to paranormal activity as well, but she has a protector, a black panther who's story is slowly unraveled throughout the season, culminating in revealing who the black panther is, and why it is protecting her in the 2nd to last episode. The final episode is a clip show, in which Molly, Jack, and all Annie's friends have their memory erased of Annie, and the show is Annie trying to remind them who she is. It was very unpleasing for most fans, as it did not show clips of the first 2 seasons, or Fi.

2. xXxNealxXx

A town where you get beat up for ur Imperfections
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i loved that show so so so much
    i would always be so excited
    i still barly rememver the last episode
    i jus remember loving it so much
    and i remember watching fi's last eppisode and being all pumped 4 seasone three then...BAM
    the on girl came in and i was so mad
    i was walking around the hous complaining for days
    i still watched the show though lol

but thanxs for posting that i have looked everywhere (except youtub...for som weird reason) for any little thing to remember how awsome it was =)

3. Henrike

I loved it. Definitely a lighter version of the X-Files, although some episodes got really intense. The werewolf one especially, holy crap, had nightmares for weeks because of that one. I really wish the episodes were on dvd. D:

4. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That brings back memories. . . definitely Disney's best show.

5. Étoile

Loved the show. Well, I'm still in love with it. I would watch this and Bug Juice all the time. I was so angry when Fi left the show. Annie wasn't bad, she just wasn't Fi.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, I've never been a big fan of Disney since they moved more in the live-action and CGI direction. I hadn't even heard of the show until this thread.

7. Davey

I LOVED THIS SHOW!
    i really wish they would put this show on DVD.
    i would totally snatch up the first two seasons.
    I didn't like annie so much.
    FI was DA DOMB!

8. Tim

Tim

I liked the Fi seasons, but I really liked the Annie Seasons...

But mainly the songs =P Some of the episodes rocked though, like Exit 13, Voodoo, Snapshot, The River, and such. XD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrEi2i_zDc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2saS-zY3og[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5UKJpOhS_M[/youtube]

9. JayC

JayC Guest

i never got really into this show cuz i didnt have the disney channel but i did watch a few episodes and i liked the ones i watched but i cant remember if it was the first two seasons of the third

10. Half-Light

omg i was obsessed with this show, it was the show that actually got me into all things paranormal...i so wish they had it on dvd or something...i have the theme song "In The Darkness" on my ipod and listen to it all the time!!! i loved fi, and my favorite show was the time travel one, but all them were just so kool, and definitely creepy, disney should have kept it going