1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire Diaries / The Originals

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RandomMatt, Sep 30, 2014.

1. RandomMatt

Does anyone else love either or both of these shows? I started binging them a few months ago shortly after their respective seasons ended and absolutely fell in love with them (especially The Originals).

Klaus, Damon, and Alaric are probably among my favorite TV characters of all time :slight_smile:

2. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Seasons 1-3 of TVD was amazing! Seasons 4 and 5 were absolute crap, in my opinion. I will still continue because I want to see how it ends though. Katherine and Damon are my favourites. I watched the pilot of TO but I found it boring. What season of TVD are you on?

3. Silas

Huge fan of both shows :grin: I'm team Stefan (as you can tell from my avatar haha) big Steroline shipper and I love me some Katherine! I'm with XG, wasn't a big fan of the last two seasons but I'm gonna stick it out till the end.

I'm super hooked on the Originals though, I'm enjoying that way more than TVD! With Esther and Michael back I think Season 2 is gonna be epicness. I read that Claire Holt is returning for a few episodes too so I'm excited for that :grin: Davina, Rebekah and Elijah are my favs.

4. RandomMatt

I keep hearing so much flack about Seasons 4 and 5. Personally I found myself loving Season 4 throughout. As far as Season 5 goes I'll definitely admit that it got kinda weak towards the end (a shame because I thought it had a great first half) but even during that last half it was still very entertaining. Vampire Diaries at its worst is, for me, still infinitely better than 90% else of what's on TV.

To each their own though of course :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I just found the storylines to be really weak. It was great having Katherine around because she was so different than Elena but then Silas and Amara? Too many doppelgängers! Then there's Delena. I was a huge Delena shipper but once they got together, it annoyed me. They became sickening. I think I liked the idea of them together more than them actually being together. The Travellers storyline was boring. The Whitmore stuff was pretty good
    though.

6. Silas

7. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have watched 1-3 of Vampire Diaries. Absolutely love them. I started to watch 4 and I thought it was really cheesy- even for my liking which is hard to do. I finish them one day, but not after One Tree Hill

8. Silas

What are you guys thinking of the new season so far? Elena still annoys me but the Damon/Bonnie scenes have me intrigued.

Seems like they might be setting up Liv/Tyler and Caroline/Enzo now (which makes me sad cuz I was hoping for Steroline :frowning2: )

9. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I think Caroline was right to call Stefan out. I too noticed Enzo being "into" her. I'm glad Ric is back. Even after all these years, Damon still has the best lines in the show:slight_smile:

10. Frodofox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to love the Vampire Diaries a long time ago, however I don't like it as much any more, but Damon is still one of my favorite characters of all time!

11. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Yes!!! Its hoing down in Originals.

12. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I've seen all the episodes of both shows. I love Caroline. Totally shipping her with Stephen

13. bananasplatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I absolutely love the vampire diaries, however im currently watching s4, and it is really bad in comparison to s3 and all of the seasons prior, really doesnt do the prior seasons justice at all

14. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Be warned, season 5 is just as bad, if not worse.

15. Silas

Anyone watch last night's eppy? I loved Stefan being all badass but I wish he'd stop being such an ass to Caroline making her cry all the time :/

Best part for me was the Bonnie/Damon scenes, it's fun seeing them interact like this :lol: Glad Bonnie got her magic back finally!

16. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I love the Damon/Bonnie scenes!

17. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I heard The Originals is going to have a gay character. Hopefully they'll do a better job than The Vampire Diaries did with their gay character. Then again, I'm not counting on it. Gay characters seem to be ok only as long as they're celibate and/or the trustful sidekick to the straight women out there.

18. LD579

Bonnie and Davina :grin: Enzo's an oddly loveable jerk, Katherine was amazing always, and I really like Stefan and Caroline's dynamic with each other. If you remember in Season 1, when he says that he's never going to go out with her... It's all very interesting to rewatch the series again with your future knowledge in mind to see if there's any legit foreshadowing (Or maybe lucky coincidence?).

19. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

R.I.P. Enzo. As usual, they keep killing characters that I like.

20. Silas

This Esther/Finn stuff on Originals is going soooo good!