1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Blade Runner fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Celatus, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]
    I love this movie, even though it was made a while ago. The setting is just awesome :grin:. Dystopian scifi rules. I also love the actress Sean Young who plays Rachael.
    Heres a lovely picture for you :slight_smile:

#1 Celatus, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I love this movie as well. :slight_smile: Such an epic look at character and theme. "It's quite a thing to live in fear. That's what it is, to be a slave."

I've long wondered, why Dr. Tyrell did what he did? I understand Roy Batty's design. He's a super-soldier, meant to be adaptable and strong. But poor, poor Pris. "Pleasure Model". Such a cold term, Pris is a slave-prostitute, designed to provide sexual pleasure on demand. Why does Pris need the perfect memory and insight to know she will be used until she is obsolete? She's just a doll to the men who created her and use her. Why does the doll have the capacity for self-loathing, for emotional pain? It's monstrous the way the Replicants are treated.

#2 Starfleet, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pris kind of creeps me out. Rachael is my favorite :grin:

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

You can see the hurt in her eyes, right in that photo. She's beautiful, but sad. What kind of monster is Tyrell, that makes people that will suffer so much?