1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Series: How To Get Away With Murder

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kunglaomksm, Oct 4, 2014.

1. kunglaomksm

I saw the trailer of it one day and it looks interesting. So I decided to watch it online and I was surprised that it has a main gay character on it. It even has man to man action on it(which is short but hot). Anyway, you can check it out for yourselves:

How to Get Away with Murder (TV Series 2014

2. Candace

I saw the first episode and I loved it! :grin: It has a lot of potential and I really liked Viola Davis' performance as the tough as nails professor :slight_smile:.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I've seen the first 2 episodes, I really like it

4. lion12

I've seen the first 2 episodes too and it's great, and I was happily surprised by the fact that there's a main gay character! Viola Davis is an amazingly talented actress.
    I still picture Bennett (OITNB) whenever I see Matt McGorry but I like his character too... can't wait to see more episodes.

5. ChameleonSoul

I can already tell that this is going to be one of my favorite shows and the first season has barely even started. And I'll be honest and admit that I had to do everything in my power to keep myself from drooling in front of my family during that man-on-man action...

6. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

I'm really digging the show so far and my favorite character so far is Conner Walsh, he's sly and a bit cold-hearted which I find interesting. Also he's a good-looking guy and I know it isn't specifically a romance show but I hope he develops or finds a guy whom he actually 'loves'.

7. Gen

Gen

Viola Davis was perfect for this role.

Tragically, I believe that is the best the show has so far. There are many good actors, but there is something seriously wrong with Shanda's writing of these characters. We're only a few episodes in and they are already all over the place. Professor Keating is clearly meant to be longing for a connection outside of her dying marriage, but I'm expected to believe that this "strong", successful women feels the need to grovel after men left and right. Originally, I believe that she would turn out to be a sex addict, which would be far more interesting and fitting of someone of her character, but to be so emotionally dependent is completely unrealistic.

Secondly, am I the only one who couldn't care less about the flashback scenes? The casework and courtroom/lecture scenes are so strong by themselves that I would rather they just become the focus completely. It feels far too early for this much drama. Maybe keep the mystery surrounding the husband, but the insta-love/loyalty between the male lead and this random girl, added with these flashback scenes that feel as though they were taken out of a 90s scary movie, are all leaving me puzzled.