1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I watched Frozen for the first time

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by stocking, Oct 5, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I watched frozen for the first time ,and I must say I love it best Disney movie I ever saw . Now what I can't get for the life of me is why were, religious people upset at it why were people saying that it's anti men and made such a big deal of it ?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say it's the best disney movie ever by a long shot, but it is noteworthy. Not really anti-men, though. There are a few male good guys.

I think Tangled was better and the How to Train Your Dragon movies (not Disney but same sort of thing) were WAY better. But Idina Menzel saves Frozen for me. <3

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i do not get the undying love for this movie or its popularity in a not-kid age group, like it was good and very pretty but holy shit some ppl are crasy...... IT IS AN ENIGMA TO ME :|

but hey to answer the question, have hardcore american religious groups not complained about anything at some point? i mean they always gotta find some thing about every thing that aient the bible and EVEN THEN THEY CAN.... DIVIDE OVER IT.

4. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister has been bugging me to see this movie for months, but I have not seen it yet.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

F = 6
    R = 18
    O = 15
    Z = 26
    E = 5
    N = 14

Add them up, you get 84.

Homosexuality has 13 letters.

Add 84 + 13, you get 97.

Add 9 + 7, you get 16.

P is the 16th letter in the Alphabet; and do you know what else starts with P?

That's right...

Penis.

That was all gibberish, but the point of it is, you can find anything in anything, if you really want to.

6. SeaSalt

Let it gooooooooo, LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    CANT HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friends couldnt stand me because of that damn song.... :lol:

---------- Post added 6th Oct 2014 at 11:52 AM ----------

Although there will allways be a special spot reserved in my heart for the Lion King

7. Solveig

Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't forget:
    "Penis" has 5 letters, and if you multiply that by 2, what do you get? Right, 10!

Guess what else has 10 letters?
    Illuminati.

Wake up, America

8. Rainbow Girl

They were upset because Elsa didn't have any relationship with a man therefore she and the creates of the movies must hate men. Also because some of them thought Elsa's struggles were a metaphor for homosexuality and coming out.

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

the thing is ana does the man stuff tho, twice even, so like..... that still isnt man hating

---------- Post added 6th Oct 2014 at 01:03 PM ----------

like idk if it just because of the popularity but why didnt tangled or brave or how to train your dragon or something get put under the dissecting scope so much, like ppl didnt care about HIDDEN MESSAGES and WHY ARENT THEY ETHNIC and HOMOSEXUALS and FAMILY with those movies

why frozen

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's some controversy over the guy at the sauna when Anna and Kristoff go to buy some things. When the cashier points to his family in the sauna, there's a man and other people. While it's indeed debatable whether or not they are a gay couple. I think that it's not actually a same-sex couple, but it was meant to be interpreted as one. This is one of the reasons that religious people may of been fired up. They may also of hated how Hans turned out to be the main antagonist while Elsa and Anna shared sisterly love to "thaw the frozen heart"

Here's the picture of the sauna guy btw.
    [​IMG]

11. Rainbow Girl

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i forgot about sauna guy that was really good, whole movie should have just been that family

but SO MUCH OF THE MOVIE was still anna and kristoph that two seconds of siblings being like "hey cool we like each other!!!!!" doesn't really seem to negate that hans is just generic bad guy

but seriously i need more sauna guy and co.

---------- Post added 6th Oct 2014 at 01:33 PM ----------

13. TheStormInside

Yes. Obviously Elsa's story can strike a chord with LGBT people coming out, but I think anyone who feels different or has to hide who they are can relate to her. But the LGBT interpretation is what riled some people up. It really bothers me to think about this because if anything this movie was empowering to females, and kind of teasing some of the old Disney tropes, such as "You can't marry a man you just met." That doesn't mean it's *anti-men* it's anti-stupid decisions.

People did also bitch about that silly scene with the sauna, when I watched the movie I thought he was just talking to a family that was renting time in the tub, not his own family. :eusa_doh:

Obviously I love Frozen, but I wouldn't say it's the best Disney movie ever made, and it's not even my favorite... I just relate very strongly to Elsa and love her character, and the story between the sisters. I think Lion King remains my favorite, and there are other older films that held together a bit better than Frozen, too.

14. prussianblue100

And 10 divided by 2 is 5. Which means that they made this movie for...

5-YEAR-OLDS! :eek: What a shocker!

Anyway, I liked the movie but it does have its flaws. I agree Tangled and HTTYD are better, but I really don't get why people keep comparing this to the Lion King and talking about how it's way better. They're nothing alike! The main character runs away in both movies, so what?

#14 prussianblue100, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  15. TheStormInside

There was some stink about Brave when it came out, too. Because Merida didn't want to get married some people claimed she must be a lesbian :rolle:. One of the things that was nice about both Brave and Frozen is that they emphasized strong female roles and instead of subjugating Merida and Elsa to Princes or making them hopeless romantics they focused on familial relationships. There are many kinds of relationships and love, they don't have to always be romantic. And just because a teenage girl doesn't feel ready to get married doesn't mean she likes women. I think the reason this was lower profile was simply because Brave was not nearly as huge as Frozen is.

#15 TheStormInside, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh man I forgot about the lion king:eusa_doh:
    I love that movie, those damn hyenas:tantrum:

17. Water lover

Water lover Guest

I really hates the plot of the movie but the animation was absolutely amazing for that music I appreciated it's artist capabilities but the girls screaming and giggling in the hotel room next to me kinda ruined it lol.

18. Candace

Because they think that the film is a metaphor for coming out and homosexuality, as if the writers had intended that all along. A classic case of reading too much into something.

19. Lmao, this made me laugh way too hard.

Anyway, I watched Frozen for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was okay. Definitely not the best, but it's nt the worst, either. I prefer Tangled, though.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I never saw Tangled