1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions about Attack on Titan?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lanker, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Lanker

I watched the entire season of AoT this summer, and it´s just awesome :icon_bigg. I would just like to know what you guys think of the show. (!)(!)(!)

Also, if you never watched it and you´re a fan of animes, this one is a must on the watch list.

2. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Attack on Titan FTW! I got hooked on it and watched all of it in one week. :grin:

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Plotline is complete garbage, it's saved, barely... by all the gory/intensive moments, cliffhangers, soundtrack and overall style of animation. I mean, seriously, even Free! had a better story.

It's a typical example of an anime that is so mainstream that even non anime fans "like" it.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

To be honest I think it's overrated. It's cool/unique/fun and probably a great gateway for someone just getting into anime but I've seen much better, and more deserving of the popularity SnK somehow amassed. I thought it got off too a great start and it kept my interest for all of the first season at least. After picking up the manga though it increasingly felt like the plot was just dragging on and getting more and more convoluted like the writers didnt even know where they were going with it anymore.

I also feel it's gotten extremely predictable that all the minor characters pretty much die while the main cast always comes out unscathed.

#4 kageshiro, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  5. Q-Tip

This. Except I didn't read manga.

6. I wanted to like it because a lot of my friends are into it, but I can't. I read the manga up until the point when it's revealed that Eren is a Titan, and that was enough for me to determine that I didn't like it. The characters-- especially Eren-- were not engaging to me at all, and the overall premise never really grabbed me, either.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't give it a 10/10 for the same reasons (drawn out, somewhat predictable) but I love it to bits. Wonderful visual style even with artistic license in physics :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, relatable, occasionally lovable characters, and a grisly, intimate look at fighting a hopeless war.

Would definitely recommend to those who aren't faint of heart. I just hope the new episodes don't get too weird.

EDIT: Shinji, what don't you like about the plot? Succinctly if it's a ton of stuff lol.

#7 Argentwing, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  8. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I watched it subbed and liked it. Everyone's constantly yelling and super intense the whole time and it's great. Completely unspoiled by bad English dubbing or by any understanding of Japanese on my part to be able to tell if the Japanese voice work is actually decent or convincing or not.