1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone watching American Horror Story: Freakshow?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tyrion, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Tyrion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If so, thoughts?

Personally I'm going to give it a few episodes before rushing into judgement (was so disappointed with Coven), but I really liked the premiere. Loving the characters as well.. especially Bette and Dot, and of course Elsa.

..and damn, that clown is creepy...

Anyone else watching it? :grin:

2. tulipinacup

I saw it last night. Bette and Dot are two different characters and I honestly wish there was some slight differences between them in terms of their physicality? I'm probably asking a lot since there was probably a lot of work that was put to the CGI effects.

Many people are scared of the clown and I honestly thought that the clown from the teaser video is more frightening but then again I'm pretty much desentisised from all the morbid/eerie movies I've watched.

I am interested in Amazon Eve's character and would like to see more from her.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It reminds me a lot of the 1932 film Freaks. Which isn't a bad thing, but I'm curious how much of a homage they'll pay to that movie.

4. tulipinacup

I had the exact same thoughts. I've never seen Freaks and have only seen the part where they chanted "one of us" so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Am I the only one who finds Paul the Illustrated Seal kinda attractive? lol

5. RAdam

I love AHS! but for some reason this season feels awkward instead of scary.. Well see!

6. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing scary about it was the clown (which was really scary), but the rest was interesting.

7. Dugong

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm quite impressed so far. With the teasers they've given could easily be the best season.

Only thing that annoyed me was how "Life on Mars" was used. When you go to the effort and make sure the wardrobe and set are period correct, you could at least make sure the music you're going to use had the correct style and instrumentation for the time period. The song is definitely important to Elsa's character development, thus why they chose it, but it was jarring to me to hear the wrong style and instrumentation.

8. tulipinacup

hmm you do have a good point

9. Sully

I'm sure I'll grow to love it. At the moment though, it's so heavily stylised and intricately directed I found it a bit full on. I also noticed that in some parts dialogue was drowned out by the whacky musical score.

Some might find it of interest that amazon eve (the woman with the denim shorts and red top) is portrayed by a transgender actress!

10. Tyrion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was personally impressed with Bette and Dot in terms of how realistic it looked.. but I hear what you're saying. However, when they were wheeled into the hospital in the beginning scene.. one had toenail polish while the other didn't. A subtle difference, which is kind of interesting.

As for clowns.. they're basically my only phobia. Otherwise, nothing frightens me..

Though I will say that this clown isnt quite as bad as pennywise.. in my view :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really love how they are using Bette and Dot. They are such different characters. From scene one it was obvious that they were their own unique individuals despite their physical limitations. Of course, the actress is freaking awesome so it should come as no surprise. I'm not watching it exactly, but I read each episode online. I always wait until after the finale to watch it all in one go. I prefer my AHS without interruptions. :slight_smile:

12. bananasplatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I loved the first episode of season 4, I personally could not get into Asylum, I tried to watch it on Netflix, constantly giving it chances like "hey, it was a one off, maybe this time i'll like it" but I just couldnt.
    Anyway, this season is extremely interesting already and I can tell this is going to come close to Murder House, after being my favourite season so far

13. Tyrion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww, see that's how it is for most with Asylum.. They either couldn't get through it, or they loved it. My best friend hated it.. while I loved it. Probably my favorite season ever. Coven on the other hand was just kinda of "meh" for me.

Totally liking this season though.. at least on first impression :slight_smile:.

14. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I liked it, it looked like an interesting start. The clown scared me a bit as well.
    I also loved how different Bette and Dot are. That diary scene was awesome
    Hopefully this won't be like Coven, with all that silly drama.

15. tulipinacup

I looove Asylum I thought that it hit the nail on viewers because it scared them. I know someone who hated Asylum because there were rape scenes when he is completely ignoring the torture, explicit gore and gross violence scenes *rolls eyes*.

Coven had such a promising premiere and was completely anticlimactic in the end.

16. Rancid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm watching it, and I'm excited to see where it goes :grin: I love AHS. The first season is the best though, IMO.

17. Jonathan

So the bratty rich kid and the deformed psycho clown...not the most likely of duos.

18. Tyrion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jon, I kinda saw that coming..

Dandy seemed a little off to begin with. What I find most interesting is that I'm actually finding him to be creepier than Twisty. When he was following him into the woods, for a minute there I was afraid for Twisty's safety. LOL

It's a cool twist (pun intended) though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

On the topic of episode 2.. what'd everyone think of it? I enjoyed it.. but ugh..

The Fiona Apple song with the moshing was too much for me. Someone please tell Ryan Murphy that this isn't glee! lol.

19. Higs

Love AHS, watched all seasons, none of which were scary to me so Coven didn't bother me at all, actually Coven might be my favorite season.

As for Freakshow I love it already, couldn't have chosen a better time setting IMO.

20. tulipinacup

I ship them to be honest.

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2014 at 05:54 PM ----------

OMG I agree. I'm a huge Fiona Apple fan but it did not do well for me lmao.

I feel like there's something lacking about this season, I'm not so sure but I couldn't get into the characters very much.