1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degrassi!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CrimsonThunder, Sep 25, 2008.

1. CrimsonThunder

Hey all, I've recently bought all the seasons of Degrassi (that starts off with Kids of Degrassi Street all the way down to Degrassi: Next Generation Season 6 :wink: ) And Im currently watching them all.

Honestly, this is the best show I've ever watched, I used to watch it as a kid as well and the issues they touch on and the way they present it is just tremendous. They talk about alcohol, drugs, sex, sexuality, divorce everything that could possibly be related to growing up.

What really struck me was its stance on homosexuality. This show is 20 years old and it was 100% for gay people. :slight_smile: However what did confuse me was an episode on animal rights, they kinda didnt have a view on it at all it just showed both sides. Left me kinda confused.

Well if any young people out there have never seen this show I highly recommend it. Degrassi: Next Generation should be showing in your area just check the TV Guide. But a word of warning is this doesn't sugar coat it at all, its straight to the facts and its very hard. When I was younger and watched this show it scared me. (I significantly remember watching one on homosexuality and it scared me cos I was going through with it)

And I'll leave you with the two most catchy theme songs. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Degrassi Junior High
    [youtube]d57D2MSSFzk[/youtube]

Degrassi: Next Generation.
    [youtube]AXUUOXFVFCQ[/youtube]

2. Ronnie92

Adamo officially came out so I'm happy. It is a great show I can't wait for it to come on later.

3. JayC

JayC Guest

I love that show i is more addictive than Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I didnt know they were sellin the seasons though i got to go get 'em.

4. CrimsonThunder

They're expensive though, and theres heaps of them =P

Does anyone have any favorite moments they remember?

5. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We watched Degrassi the next generation in English class like ummmm 2 years ago~! And I instantly fell in love with it. I think it was an episode that had to do with culture and racism. I need to buy it if I can find it~!~! ^.^ I love the theme song it's sooooo catchy :grin:

6. I love Degrassi I cant wait for the new season.

7. Miles D

I LOVE Degrassi!!!

My friends and I were talking about all the shit those kids go through, and we decided the only traumatic event that hasn't happened is that no one has gone blind.... but we probably just missed that episode! :roflmao:

I also love how they say "Soorry" and "Aboot" and "Oot", because they're Canadian :slight_smile:

8. Endlessnight500

OMG I LOVE Degrassi Next Generation, I havent seen it in a while, I actually didnt know it was that old. Degrassi ROCKS!!!