1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Blue is the warmest colour"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ClosetNixie, Oct 11, 2014.

1. ClosetNixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So has anyone ever seen the above film directed by Abdellatif Kechiche?

I finished watching it about 20 minutes ago and it's left me with a weird feeling inside that I don't recognise...?

I'll prewarn anyone planning on watching it - it is 3 hours long and has French subtitles. Films with subtitles really don't bother me, in fact there a some films I adore that are in a different language, that's not where this un identified emotion came from...

I just don't know.

Comments, thoughts, feelings anyone?

Until next time...

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. TheStormInside

This was one of the first "lesbian movies" I watched... and honestly I didn't care for it much. I didn't see the appeal of the main character. I recall a reviewer on Netflix saying it is a "face movie" and that she had very subtle acting, maybe too subtle for me to pick up on :lol: . I don't normally mind slow movies, but this one just seemed to crawl. The sex scenes were also quite uncomfortable to watch. I will say to it's credit, it was well shot and the cinematography was very nice, however.

4. ClosetNixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think that my funny feeling maybe some sort of recognition? I identified with Adele from the beginning and in certain aspects, still do. Maybe seeing my feelings on screen is the cause of my unknown feelings.

With regards to the sex scenes, I like how in the beginning they were filmed more modestly, not showing too much of her intimate parts, yet as she grew up the sex scenes became more pronographic. That's my opinion on them anyway.

I agree with nearly everyone on Adele's family though, I would have liked to see more and know if they ever found out etc.. However I guess this wasn't a "coming out" film by any definition and maybe by showing more of the family dynamics, the director thought it might turn into a "coming out" tale.

Either way, it was an interesting film that has left me with I identified feelings and feeling a little giddy too... Oh dear!

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i have been told that this is a deep lesbian movie for not-lesbians but have also heard good things, but i havent watched it because lol 3 hours

in conclusion,

7. xplodingpassion

i thought it was a really good film, though i did find the first sex scene went on a little bit too long, i don't have a problem w/ sex in films but that one i felt didnt need to be as long as it was. I was honestly bored by about the 1/2-3/4 mark of the scene and felt it kinda through off the flow of he film

8. ClosetNixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think I agree, it was Adele's first experience of lesbian sex and if we compare it to the sex scene with her and the guy, they are very different. There is more passion, love and plain old enjoyment!

I think the fact that the scene goes on for so long is to try and emphasise the fact that this is so much better and what she enjoys more. Hence the long night and multiple climaxes.

9. Elementsroyalty

When I first watched 'Blue is the Warmest Colour', I didn't think it was anything extraordinary. But as the days went by I found it kept lingering on my mind. I then began to realise that I had thought it was unextraordinary because -besides maybe the sex scenes- it had been so honest and realistic. Watching it the second time, it became one of my favourite films.

So, in a nut shell, I loved it.

#9 Elementsroyalty, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  10. RAdam

Red is a much warmer colour tho...

11. Hel

Hel

I saw it a while ago. I only remember being glad I didn't watch it with my parents... So didn't really made a lasting impression on me.

12. Frkldbklvr45

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A good book also. just sayin