1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAR - Warhammer Online.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gumtree, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Gumtree

Just curious if anyone has been playing and if so, what do they think of the game?

2. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

i hate how its so into pvp. i played beta and honestly i got bored. maybe cause im into PVE. i miss playing wow and i've been 2 weeks clean. I can't wait for WOTLK. i just gotta work on my life right now >.< before i get back into addiction. lol.

3. Henrike

I'm completely infatuated with WAR. I'm such a PvP junkie, and it's like a dream come true. The comparison of WoW to WAR is similiar to DaoC and Everquest, they're two genres of MMO's and cater to different audiences. WAR blows WoW out of the water for me, but it all depends on what type of game you like to play. :wink: ...Although I gotta say, Warhammer's capital cities nuke, maim, and pillage Warcraft's.

4. JT

JT

I feel you on that one. I was doing soooooooo good for 3 weeks and then I relapsed a couple nights ago :frowning2:
    But yeah, I'm more PvE oriented than PvP. PvP is just another thing that gets me frustrated and gives me compulsions to punch my monitor or wall. PvE's becoming the same way since my guild is now filled with profoundly incompetant people.

5. -_-" I've quit WoW more time's than I've changed my underwear this year.
    I've deleted all my characters 4 times now........and had my pally returned to me 4 times lol.
    But every time I deleted him I trash all his items, the GM's always give me them back though hahahaha.
    I HATE pvp with a passion, I suck at it. Mostly because all I could do was heal the horde to death. ><
    My friend got me playing and forced me to play on Gorgonnash, aka Gonnacrash, and I'm considering getting my two highest characters transferred to a pve realm lol.

Sorry this had nothing to do with Warrhammer, but it's WoW!! WHo's not addicted to wow these days?

6. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

I cleared sunwell like 3 months ago and got really burned out so i decided to quit like around 2 weeks ago

7. JT

JT

Well I can't say my resume is quite as exemplary, but after killing Illi countless times and losing a majority of the good players in our guild a couple months ago we haven't accomplished anything in SWP... People can be carried through BT, but SWP is a whole new story.

8. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

Sunwell is hard :frowning2: what server you play on?

9. Steam Giant

Any fans of the Warhammer franchise play this yet? I love the setting/feel of Warhammer fantasy ^^ but how well does the MMO represent it?

10. JT

JT

Hakkar. If, and only IF I ever go back to playing that game I'm server transferring. I originally went to that server to play with friends, but it turns out that 75% of the server population was hispanic. So when they opened up the Latin servers, the server population plummetted.

And yes it is. Even learning the trash can be difficult in itself.

11. Gumtree

I am a PvP junkie, I play WAYYY too much.

I have been playing MMO's since I was like 5 now (literally, 1997 was the UO release) so im kinda over PvE.

I play on Darklands server.

Not to gloat or anything but the PvP is awesome fun and I manage to win every scenario by atleast a 3-4k XP gap. Warrior Priest FTW!

Awesome fun!

12. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

i'm planning on transferring too once WOTLK, what class do you play?

13. Tim

Tim

Sadly I am :frowning2:

I've played FFXI for 5 years now... I've quit 3 times, but until I get a job, I can't go back. Only issue is, after 3 months, your characters can be deleted just for being inactive -.- Only thing I started hating about FFXI: No useful PvP. I don't tend to like PvP, but in FFXI, the one PvP thing they had was FUN, but no one does it anymore.

If you transfer, Alleria is a nice server, just a heads up, mainly nice people, at least IMO. And it's one of the more populated servers, which is a plus and a minus <_<

Anyways, I'm not going to WAR. I like a little PvP, but I don't like being FORCED to PvP.

14. Apocalypte

The Warhammer universe is amazing, and WAR looks absolutely amazing.

However - I simply cannot play MMOs ever again. I played WoW solidly for just over 2 years, and I really did get to the no-life stage with it (150 days /played total). I do think that if I ever played anything of the sort again I'd end up like the South Park guy.