1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody watched Annabelle?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Celatus, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha I saw this movie with a bunch of friends for kicks and man is it disturbing. Lol Annabelle scares the sh*t out of me. Has anyone else seen it? I oddly enjoyed watching it. I also love the actress Annabelle Wallis who played the mother, she's actually an excellent actress. She's also gorgeous :grin:
    [​IMG]

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know I'm too chicken to see that movie , but I always wondered does this doll talk ?:confused:

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah the doll can't talk, it just stares at you really maniacally.

4. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no. i want to though. it looks really good. ive seen the conjuring, and that was good. looking foreward to annabelle coming out on DVD so i can rent it

5. Polterpup

Yes! Being scary movie junkies, my mum and I went to go see it on Saturday. Scary as shit, right? But the real doll doesn't look very scary...go look it up if you haven't.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's creepy :eek:

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I haven't but I looked up the cinemas closest to me yesterday to find out if it's out yet and it is. I really want to go see it. I loved The Conjuring! I saw The Conjuring in the cinemas. So I kind of feel like I should do the same for Annabelle considering she was in The Conjuring!

Btw that actress looks CUTE! :love: I definitely have to go see it now considering her cute face is in it x

8. C P

C P

I saw Annabelle and really liked it, though it doesn't top The Conjuring for me...loved that and it is among my favorites already.

I also saw The Conjuring in theaters and it was really good at fooling you into thinking you knew where those jump moments were, imo. It got me often.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Maybe it has to do with the fact, I grew up watching scary/Horror movies a lot, but all these 'haunted house' or 'ghostly disturbance' films, just don't do anything for me. They seem a bit 'dumb' at times, like they don't want the audience to think. That's fine, sometimes, since a movie is, ultimately, about being entertained; but every other movie, it's becoming an annoying trend.

Of course, the same could be said for other films, of past eras. But those seemed more about fun. How else could you explain Jason Voorhees, a mask-wearing murderer, walking the streets of New York?

As for Annabelle itself. I wasn't too sold on The Conjuring. I haven't seen Annabelle, so I can't rightfully say anything, but if what I have read is true, and The Conjuring is any indication, it'll probably be the same experience, for me, with this one, as it was for the other.

10. Silas

Hoping to see it this weekend!

11. Floki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also grew up on a lot of horror films and honestly I don't think Annabelle was that good. It had a few cheap jump scares and a bad story line, that's about it.

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It seems really underwhelming. The conjuring was..
    Ok but didnt really do it for me. Based of my general dislike of modern 'haunted house' films and the reviews of my friends who saw it I'll pass on this one

13. Justinian20

I saw it but personally due to me actually not at all being scared by horror movies I thought the movie wasn't all that good in terms of the horror it used with the evil being what I call the other creatures in horror which meant James Woo personally wasn't too creative with what he could do in terms of the doll Annabelle.

Just imagine if a woman was trapped in the doll forever and she had a aura of death and spoke but like a ventriloquist was moving her mouth. That would make people really scared.

So I agree with the two other posters who are unimpressed by ghostly disturbance and haunted house movies. I want to see another new bad guy like Jigsaw, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, Jason Vorhees and Ghostface come to cinemas. A horror villain that is actually named and has a history behind him. Not like Annabelle.

#13 Justinian20, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  14. RandomMatt

Honestly I found it boring as fuck all the way through lol

15. paisleydaisy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am waiting for it to come out on Netflix or something, because the cinema experience is usually irritating as hell in so many ways.

I loved The Conjuring, Lovely Molly, The Bell Witch Haunting: ghost/demonic movies are the scariest for me, even though I don't believe in any of that being possible. (I know they say Annabelle and others are based on real events, but I just ain't buying it...people will say anything for a buck.)

I'll take supernatural scary over serial-killer scary. Crazy human beings doing terrible things...that crap actually happens. Real-life monsters are often just as evil as anything you see in a movie. So it's less fun to watch for me; less "fun"-scary. I'll take my chances with the ghosts.

16. Tiger1270

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've seen the movie twice and I absolutely LOVED it. The Conjuring is by far my favorite scary movie so I had high hopes for Annabelle when it came out and it actually met most of them. I was thoroughly scared most of the time, especially (partial spoilers, but not really haha) the stairs scene. I did think some of the plot was a bit mediocre but overall, I loved it!

17. Erika Enigmatic

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought the movie was terrible. I found it to be so boring and not even a little scary.
    But then again, I saw the parody (A Haunted House 2, which is absolutely horrible by the way, don't watch it) before seeing Annabelle so that's probably why I hated it.

18. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ***MILD SPOILERS AHEAD - PROCEED WITH THIS IN MIND.***

As one who typically shies away from scary movies (and often brushes them off as predictable, admittedly) I was out with a friend opening weekend and saw it. I was pleasantly surprised and legitimately frightened by this movie.

Having never seen The Conjuring before, I had no idea what I was in for. True, as with most movies nowadays, it was mildly predictable. I didn't expect the whole Antichrist situation to play such a key role. The Demon and occult-related portions had me on edge. Honestly the part that scared me the most was within the first 15 minutes and is seen through a neighbor's window. The way the protagonist in that scene simply moves conveys malicious intent in the most realistic of ways.

Also the whole debacle in the basement made me jump for the first time ever while in a theater.

The culmination in the baby's room when the mother starts questioning her sanity was a testament to Annabelle Wallis' ability as an actress as well. She played a concerned mother/subject of demonic torture brilliantly. Major points there.

For me, it was a great movie. I really enjoyed it.

19. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay thanks for the great review Black Cat :grin:

20. One Man Army

She's behind you right now. But don't look. Because if you stay still and don't move an inch she might just not notice you.