1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone still watch Survivor?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by tulipinacup, Oct 21, 2014.

1. tulipinacup

and yes it's still on its 29th season and has been renewed for the 30th next year. Also who are/were your favourite contestants?

2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Survivor is my secret guilty pleasure.

I've been watching Survivor for years.

Favorite contestants: Ozzy Lusth, Spencer Duhm (gay cutie!), Coach Wade, Rob Mariano, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Stephanie LaGrossa, Tyson Apostol, Courtney Yates, Parvati Shallow

Least favorite: Colton Cumbie! God, that guy did gay people everywhere a disservice -_-

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I remember the first season, and all the hype it received. Never did watch it, or any of the other seasons, for more than a minute or two, here and there.

I like the concept.

4. tulipinacup

I honestly think that Ozzy is one of the most overrated players in Survivor,lol. Sure he's great at physical challenges but he is terrible when it comes to strategy.

I do love Sandra, Tyson is funny but not as funny as Courtney :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, I just finished watching Micronesia and Parvati sure did deserve winning that season.

My other favourite is Cirie Fields, I think she's one of the smartest player to never win Survivor.

Have you seen last season? I can say that it's one of the greatest Survivor season ever!

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Forgot about Cirie, she is great for sure. Disappointed when she left so early in Season 20, but they knew she was a strategic threat, so at least she went out for a good reason.

And yeah, I saw the last one--I thought it was pretty excellent for sure and better than a number of seasons that came before it :slight_smile: Loved the way it ended too.

6. tulipinacup

I'm still trying to watch all of the past seasons including Season 1 (Borneo). It's definitely worth the watch!

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2014 at 02:09 PM ----------

Yeah, I'm just going to forget that she competed in that season. Did you know that She and her Husband were supposed to join Blood vs. Water but her husband pulled out?

And speaking of which, it's sad that Colton's Boyfriend died.

7. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that was very sad news :frowning2: As much as I didn't like Colton, he and his boyfriend seemed to have a good bond and his boyfriend was a sweetheart too. Very disappointing.

8. 741852963

I watched the two British series that were on TV in 2001 and 2002 and thoroughly enjoyed them. The islands were gorgeous, the challenges were interesting and it was interesting watching how the contestants got on in the environment. The shows were cancelled due to low ratings after that which is a shame.

#8 741852963, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  9. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Long time ago... Dun like the show pretty much

10. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Survivor used to be a great show. The first 15 seasons or so were good and a few after that were decent. I've seen the majority of them. My favorite seasons were Pearl Islands, Cook Islands, and Africa. Favorite survivors are Rupert, Ozzy, and other people who I don't remember

11. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely preferred the days when it was more survival-oriented; some of the recent seasons have felt more like Big Brother in a tropical setting.

12. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I know. Now people go in with like a set strategy of how their going to blindside everyone and win the game and its just not entertaining to watch. Most of the contestants I find annoying now.

I also think they need to find somewhere else to go. They are revisited places they already went for like the third or fourth time now and they all are very similar places. Even if they are recycling locations why only the tropical island ones. Go back to places like Australia, Africa, and China

13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those were the most interesting places. Philippines and Nicaragua have been used a hundred times now.

They also bring in contestants on purpose who they know are oddballs and will cause drama--that's not my favorite either.

14. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They were supposed to go to Jordan for season for but they moved it after 9/11, It would be awesome to see them actually do it. I'd like to see some kind of desert setting or a cold one as well.

15. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^I would love to see Survivor Siberia or something like that :wink:

16. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Nope, but i watched American horror story tonight .

17. tulipinacup

I see where you are coming from but its also why I still watch the show to be honest and it's also why they have new players last season as well as this one.