1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Still Giving Faking It Another Chance?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bisexualkpopfan, Oct 22, 2014.

1. I know a lot of people were frustrated about the ending of last season's finale, but they still are doing a great job on Amy's character - And then, Lauren is TV's first intersex character! MTV just ordered 10 episodes for this season!! It seems like Amy will be moving on from Karma, she was kissing another girl (Reagan) in the mid-season trailer, but maybe, it will end with Karmy!

So, is anyone else still giving this show a chance? It's really good to me!

2. Rainbow Girl

I'm still enjoying it. I think this seasons been good for the most part so far. I really liked last night's episode. And I think they're handling Lauren's storyline really well.

3. beyourself

beyourself Guest

Yes. I watched the whole series yesterday and also the mid-season trailer and love it.

4. Mickz

I still lurves it and I lurves amy :slight_smile:

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nah I'm done with it :dry:

6. Confused Teen18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup!! Its really good. I wouldn't just give up on a show because it isn't going how i want it to. The show has good writers. I'm sure they have something up their sleeves for us.

7. Tim

Tim

Yea. Personally, I hate Karma/Amy. They don't work as a couple. I don't know why everyone's pushing so hard for it. God forbid Karma's straight. Is she supposed to "Turn" for Amy? If you believe that, then why doesn't Amy "turn" for Oliver?

Exactly. You can't change your sexuality just because someone likes you.

8. Silas

As long as my Shane continues to be awesome and adorbs I'll be watching :grin:

9. whatsyourdamage

I'm definitely still loving it haha. I love hiw they gave Lauren that kind of depth, not to mention representing the intersex community :slight_smile: I personally really don't like Karma therefore I don't like Karmy. Amy deserves better.

10. I watched the first 3 episodes and hated them. Never watched again. Found it borderline offensive. Definately thought it was a hack show.

11. Why was it offensive for you? Oh wait, I see that you said the first three episodes, as in season one - But don't worry, the "faking it" part goes away and Amy turns out to really be in love Karma! I know the main storyline was crazy, but now, it's a really cool and awesome show!

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2014 at 12:00 AM ----------

Haha Shane is so cute and I like his wittiness too haha xD

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2014 at 12:01 AM ----------

Same here! :slight_smile:

#11 bisexualkpopfan, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you . If they get rid of Karma I would watch it again
    I'm honestly tired of shows with lesbian falls in love with straight girl and hopes to turn her will she turn her . Why can't their be a show about a lesbian falling in love with another lesbian or a bisexual girl . I hated to watch a show that shows the most saddest thing that happens in my life give Amy a good out come and just ditch Karma . I watched almost all of season one still not gonna waste my time if there still trying to push Karma/Amy
    still throwing this show into the bin .

#12 stocking, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  13. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this thread is a little old, but I recently started watching faking it and well, I LOVE IT!!!

It is hilarious, and how ironic is it that a lesbian/bisexual falls in love with a straight girl, so I am not surprised nor offended in anyway.

14. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ... I'm considering it. ): Amy and Raegan seem cute and my ultimate OTP has broken up (who knows for how long) and I need a f/f ship to obsess over lol

15. BelleFromHell

I was tempted to give it another chance after I heard about Lauren being intersex, and I heard there was an episode that Laverne Cox guest starred in, but Karma just pisses me off far too much.

I made the mistake of falling for a friend who said she was bi, only to find out that she was actually straight. As a result, the Amy/Karma thing gives me way too many feels.

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I couldn't for reasons that others have already described. There are some interesting things about it, but it still bothers me a lot

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel you on this if they would just get rid of Karma I would watch this show again she rubbed me the wrong way the whole time the first season and that Liam guy being that I deal with .
    men like him a lot .
    I don't really see this show as a lesbian show I just see it as a straight show trying to be lesbian .

18. BelleFromHell

Yes, this pretty much sums up the whole thing.

19. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Look at it this way, it's not ABOUT lesbians being lesbian, per say, it's really just a romantic comedy with lesbian characters as the main focus. So of course it's not gonna be all lesbian all the time. It still has to have those elements of a good tv show such as drama. Not just a show aimed at the teenage LGBT crowd.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's not the problem I have with it , what annoys me is their portraying a bisexual character as lesbian and I've seen that a lot with lesbian movies and shows it's a bit annoying . I don't care if throw some straight or bi characters .
    I'm not good at explaining .