1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Himym

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lion12, Oct 22, 2014.

1. lion12

Hey
    I know I'm late but I just finished watching How I Met Your Mother and I have to say, I don't know how to feel. I know there was a big debate about the ending and if it was good or not and if the alternate ending was better... but idk. I can't make up my mind. I think I prefer the original ending, probably because I've been rooting for Ted and Robin the whole show, but I also liked the mother and it really seemed like she made Ted happy. Anyway. Not the point of this post. I could go on for days about analysis of tv shows haha and I don't think anyone here would enjoy it.
    Actually there is not really a point to this post. I'm in the post-I've-watched-a-whole-series-and-now-I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-my-life so... that's it. I really loved the show, it made me smile, laugh, cry, think, it made me dream, it reminded me of big life lessons. I wish one day I'm half as good as the writers.

2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still love that show, even though I think the ending sucked.

I kind of miss it now. I may re-watch the entire series some time in the future :slight_smile:

3. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The real ending was great, I don't know why everyone hated it so much

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I really didn't like the ending, when I rewatched the show I just skipped the last episode

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might do that too. I've just pretended the ending is non-canon for the most part.

6. Rainbow Girl

I've been watching it with my mom. We're about a third of the way through the last season but I already know how it ends and I know I'm gonna be disappoint. The DVD I'm watching on has an alternate ending and from what I've heard about both endings I think I'm gonna pretend the alternate one is real. But anyways, I love the show. My favourite jokes are the "slap bet" and the Canada jokes (I'm from Canada, lol).

7. lion12

The Canada jokes are hilarious! (and I'm from Canada too) but they misrepresented Quebec when they brought Robin's cousin from 'Quebec' and gave him an accent that's clearly from France. It's like putting a supposedly 'American' character and giving him a british or an australian accent.. you don't do that! I know that probably only quebecers noticed that but they really should have done a little research. Other than that, awesome show! :slight_smile: