1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrible News

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Sep 30, 2008.

1. BeautifulStranger

Rocky Horror Picture Show is being remade by MTV

They're adding songs not written by Richard O'Brian.

Rumors have it that Marilyn Manson is going to play Dr. Frank-N-Furter. That'll make him scary, and Dr. F is NOT supposed to be scary. He's supposed to be a hot mess of a transvestite who makes you laugh hysterically. I honestly doubt that Manson can do that.

Halloween 2010 (release date) shall be a sad day indeed...

Why can't they leave good movies alone? Did you know that 'Rosemary's Baby' is being remade as well? Apparently Lindsay Lohan will play the lead. Oh! And some grubby little Hollywood exec. has decided that it would be a good idea to remake 'Friday the 13th' as well.

What the hell is wrong with Hollywood? It's only a matter of time before someone suggests that Vanessa Hudgeons plays Holly Golightly in a remake of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'.

Movies like Rocky Horror and Rosemary's Baby are classics that shouldn't be touched.
    Has a movie remake ever actually had as much success as the original?

We all remember the 'Halloween' fiasco...

2. pirateninja

I said it in chat, and I'll say it again; Marilyn Manson playing Frank N Furter is SACRILEGE.

*is losing all faith in Hollywood*

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    BREAKING NEWS: Poltergeist 4, with Hillary Duff as the lead.

Kidding, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Hollywood is a pool of anti-creativity. No one has original ideas any more, they're all either remakes or blatant rips of other movies. Remaking RHPS is an invitation for disaster - remember the Willy Wonka remake a few years ago? As much as I like Johnny Depp, he was far too creepy in that role. Everything was modernized and buffed up with flashy lights and technology. Not a drop of the magic from the original was left. It was terrible.

If there is any hope left in the world, this project will be crushed before it gets off the ground. Susan Sarandon doesn't support it. Barry Bostwick does not support it. Richard O'Brien has said that he does not give it his blessing. When Riff, Brad, and Janet think your idea is shit, then your idea is shit.