1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who - Dark Water

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by roryoswinpond, Nov 2, 2014.

1. roryoswinpond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    *HUGE SPOILERS WILL BE DISCUSSED FOR DARK WATER AND SERIES 8*

For those of you who saw Doctor Who yesterday, you'll know that there was a plethora of fantastic surprises, mostly that (highlight the text to see) Missy is the Master.

What did you think of the episode?

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really enjoyed this episode!

I think Michelle Gomez will make an excellent Master. She was so good as soon as she appeared, I thought who else could she be BUT the Master? I hope she stays in the role for some time to come- she seems like the perfect Nemisis for this Doctor.

3. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I liked how gender became a central idea! And there was a lot of stuff about death. I still hate Clara though.

4. Justinian20

Best doctor is Christopher Eccleston or David Tennant, that's why I don't watch the series anymore I think it's gotten a bit worse.

5. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's the Doctors is the problem. I think it's just that Moffat isn't as good a showrunner as Davies was. Moffat writes excellent episodes, but I don't think he's so hot on climactic long-running plot-lines.

6. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I thought Missy was the Rani, but the Master's always been my favourite villain, so I'm glad he/she is back xxx

7. Justinian20

When you put it that way I agree, there are no more long running stories in the series. for example, When the Doctor was pretending to be a normal person, there were a couple of episodes around that plot

8. kem

kem

I'm loving Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

I don't like the pacing in this series. The buildup had been really slow up until this episode, but Dark Water just rushed through with all the plot points. I suppose that's somewhat the modus operandi of (well from 2005 onwards at least, haven't watched classic) Dr. Who; 80% of the season is running around doing nothing in particular, 5% build-up and 15% finale.

9. MisterTinkles

Capaldi is NO Doctor. He is boring, colorless, and has done nothing to ingratiate himself into being a "Doctor", or with the fans.

I mean, really..............whats with the morticians suits?!!!
    What a snooze fest!

I will say though, during the last three episodes, he has shown a tiny bit of the REAL Doctor. Not to say I have changed my mind at all....or that he will finally "get it" and become a real character of The Doctor. I just know he does not have it in him to be in this role.

Even the story lines have been boring and even rehashed stories from the past.
    Again, a snooze fest.

The Master being a woman now. **yawn**

Give me the Time Rani any day!!!!!

I can only HOPE that Capaldi will be cast off for a better Doctor in the new season.

As far as perfect Doctors go.........Tom Baker and David Tennent were the best at playing the psychosis driven Doctor!

10. ForeverYoung000

Lol

What's a Dr.Who? I know it's a movie or what not but like...what's it about?
    No. I'm not gonna watch it. -__- Is it about some scientist who is trying to assume who is who or something? (!)(!)

11. antibinary

Moffat seems to always resort to this sexy feisty, flirty, dormat who only exists in relation to someone else when in comes to his female characters, and his gay characters seem to be defined by the fact that they're gay, so I'm skeptical about his ability to pull off a good gender change. However, that twist was well done.
    It has to be said, that though the stories have either been bad or pretty good this season, Capaldi has been a good Doctor. While I wish his better side as been played up more. He's doctorly and has the first costume that the Doctor would wear since Paul Mcgann.

12. Acm

Acm Guest

I liked it for the most part, except the Missy/Master part. I was actually excited for a new villain. Just for once, can't someone stay dead?

13. antibinary

The Master will never stay dead. Ever. S/he's the Doctor's Evil Counterpart so you can't. It's like trying to kill off the daleks.

14. roryoswinpond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really hoped Missy would be Romana/The Rani or maybe a completely new Time Lady - but heck I like that Time Lord gender change in regenerations is now canon.

Bring on a female Doctor!