1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does 'beauty' look like to you?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 101DeadRoses, Nov 5, 2014.

1. 101DeadRoses

I think beauty is in a healthy body, of any size. Beauty is in a naughty smile and twinkly eyes. Beauty is in talking about science and music and things that really make YOU happy. Beauty is toughness, where you may get knocked down but you will keep getting back up to the day you die, even if you need a little help. Beauty is in courage and intelligence and doing what makes you happy.
    Beauty is in creativity. Beauty is in wanting to learn what you don't already know.
    Beauty is constantly improving yourself, but not for the rest of society, for you.

That is beauty to me.
    What about you?

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beauty looks like a girl I know, who came into my life and transformed it. Beauty looks like the beautiful words she writes in her e-mails to me; the little things she goes out of her way to do simply because I asked; the way she understands my deepest thoughts; the way she believes in me. Beauty is her long, rich, dark hair, flawless skin and defined, feminine features.

She is what beauty looks like to me.

3. ForeverYoung000

Anything with a face.

I don't have time to write a 5 sentence reflection on this topic. :/

4. Images and Words

Beauty to me?

Lasagne... or that Intel Xeon new mac pro i'm wanting.... mmmmmm..... beautiful

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2014 at 10:17 PM ----------

In all seriousness, though, I have no idea... I don't really see anyone and think "they're beautiful"
    I've seen people and thought... I want your D (or lady, in rare cases not sure what letter characterises the female genitalia) but never thought "that person is truly beautiful"

5. DinelodiiGitli

Beauty (and I'm not talking about things I really find attractive since I'm not quite sure what that is yet) is a lot of things to me, a random act of kindness, people working together, love, warmth, tenacity, never giving up, truly caring about others (both human and otherwise), nice weather, a holiday with loving family, togetherness, a nice drawing, music, even a well conditioned dog (google "conditioned APBT" and see what comes up).
    Beauty is so many things.

6. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That feeling when you've been out in the snow and you go somewhere warm :slight_smile: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder xx

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honey boo boo's mom

8. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Beauty is the smile on anyone's face, especially those that I don't get to see smile often.

9. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wanted to tell you that link leads to a little message where you get chewed out via text.

---

I think beauty is about humour, and the way someone's eyes light up when they talk about something they love. It's about the way someone holds themselves, the way they look, laughing. I find all different sorts of people beautiful, but it's more the smile on they're face when they are happy about something. Beautiful minds, and all that. I've never really found a physical connection between the people I have found lovely.

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Beauty is one of my favorite words. It's such a open ended term I often use it to describe anything i think is good or sweet or cool or hot~ Beauty can be internal or external and there's no true definition for it. It's truly in the eye of the beholder.

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    wabi-sabi: slight imperfection

12. iiimee

Beauty is somebody who is willing to work out their problems, and while they want to work on their flaws, they reconize they are not perfect and are confident regardless of this knowledge. The person I love has to be knowledgable to some extent, and though I claim I can take care of myself, emotionally it takes alot of my strength. I think who I find beautiful is somebody who will help me, even if I get the help kicking and screaming, I just want them to be their holding my hand and telling me the truth. I am brutally honest, and while they don't have to be cruel like me, who I think is beautiful is the one who tells the truth in the end, even if they have to say a few small lies on the way to get there.
    I have a thing for green and brown eyes, but I love somebody for their personality and views on life, so the most lovely people to me are different, and I honestly don't care what they look like.

13. paisleydaisy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Beauty is being original and confident.
    Gorgeousness is being outlandish.

14. 101DeadRoses

Some good responses here!! Another thing that beauty is to me: sarcasm that's well used.

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I see it, every day, in the mirror.

LOL!

16. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have a look at "The Honest Beauty Project"!!!
    It's wonderful. A really great campaign, love it :slight_smile:

With this project they try to remind us of the beauty in all of us. Everybody is beautiful in somehow.

Of course you can look beautiful external, but that's in the eye of the beholder I guess.
    For me true beauty comes from the inside...the things that make you the person you are, character, attitude, etc.

17. shinji

shinji Guest

Beauty stems from the unique qualities a person possesses.

In my line of work, i get to hang around a lot of models, and let me tell you a secret... They are very ugly! I mean, we are talking about shallow people, whose personalities are akin to that of a blank canvas.

Therefore, boring people (those who conform to the norms of society, and don't exhibit any originality in their behavior) are ugly. And people who i find unique, i also think of as beautiful.

18. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beauty to me is someone with a great personality. it can make you laugh. it can make you smile, even when you know that the world is ending. on your bad days, it can lift you up. on your good days, it can make you fly. beauty is love. beauty is friendship. beauty is not caring what anyone looks like, but what they are on the inside. beauty is forgiveness no matter what you have done. it is brave, and kind, and intelligent. it will never let you down. That is what beauty is to me.

19. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

This is cake .....5'10-11? ,Black thick curly hair , crazy deep brown eyes , shoulders and neck to freakin devour.........Oh, and outdoor nature stuff too !