1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The musical talent that (isn't anymore) me

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Images and Words, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Images and Words

so, just thought i'd fire this story out.
    I am almost 100% certain that NOBODY has this problem, but, up until about 3 months ago, I was singing with my band, perfectly happy! Then, A wild illness appeared. Then I damaged my vocal chords and I can't hold a note to save my life now... I've tried electronica and DJing, but I don't like either. Autotune isn't my thing.
    Anyone have any ideas? New genres that don't require singing? Anyone been in same situation?
    You guys are my support now! (!)

2. phony

wow, what kind of problem to your chords was it?

3. Images and Words

According to my doctor, vocal chord Nodules, which were cause by me screaming a bit, plus the sick, it caused these lumps to appear...

4. Yosia

Could you learn other instruments in the band? Or are you a person who can't learn instruments like me, I can sort of sing and scream a little but instruments are a no-no for me.

5. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gonna have to learn how to play an instrument I fear. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I play the trumpet, but a great place to start would be piano if you've got one just lying around or something.. To learn pretty much any kind of instrument, I'm sure youtube has resources, but getting professional lessons is a bit better.

6. phony

Oh, I don't know why are you being so radical. Vocal nodules is not a rare thing, it's common between professional singers. You need to go to see a special doctor or phonoaudiologist to give you therapy to recover your chords and those nodules will disappear. DON'T SCREAM!!! after your nodules are gone you should really hire a vocal coach to teach you how to sing properly. It won't be a short and easy path but it's totaly worth it! go for it and enjoy your voice

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2014 at 04:01 PM ----------

and of course don't sing while being sick. take it easy boy