1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariana grande vs taylor swift

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Burnedcloset, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

Title

+ My Everything vs 1989

I vote ari cause that voice :icon_redf

2. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Without a doubt Ariana has an amazing voice (leaps and bounds over Taylor) but I prefer Taylor's music, it's more catchy, personally. I haven't heard Ariana's album so I can't comment on which is better.

Btw, love your avatar:slight_smile:

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Taylor Swift, the lesser of two evils. Ariana Grande is way too fake-ish sounding.

My argument:

I Knew You Were Trouble vs Problem ft. Iggy Azalea

As to the albums part, neither. Wouldn't even bother "stealing" them... Seriously, what is wrong with today's artists. There are almost no albums released that are actually worth it, for more than just a few songs.

4. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like taylor's music better. I dont get into the rapping as much, but some of ari's stuff is pretty good. Personally, I think taylor's music is much more catchy, and seems better. That's just my opinion though.

5. Silas

Ahhh this is a tough one! I'm a big fan of Ariana's music and got totally addicted to Problem, Break Free and Break Your Heart Right Back...but Taylor Swift's album is also insanely catchy and has a bunch of tracks I love especially Shake it Off and New Romantics! I guess I'd say that My Everything has individual songs that I like better and would listen to more, but that 1989 is the better album as a whole. Either way they're both my fav pop albums of this year.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Tay. <3 She's not the best musician by miles, but she is definitely good and entrancingly beautiful. She also seems to have gotten over her "trash the exes" phase, which was really unpleasant.

7. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Taylor might not have the vocal ability but she sure knows how to write a song. Plus she can play multiple instruments. All of her albums have been consistent, at least to me.

I have listened to Yours Truly and the only songs that stuck out to me were The Way (minus the rap), Piano, and Lovin' It.

8. Rainbow Girl

Taylor. I love her and I've never been I fan of Ariana to be honest.

9. Gen

Gen

They aren't really comparable. Taylor has never been known for her vocal ability and Ariana has never been know for her songwriting. But I suppose, if I must choose which I adore the most, it would have to be Beyoncé...

No, but seriously, I'm going to have to go with Adele. Lana. Lorde. Sia. A Humpback Whale. An Ice Cream Truck. A Box of Crickets. Ariana.

10. photoguy93

Totally Taylor!

I saw Ariana perform life the other night on TV. Boy, my ears hurt! She eventually hit a few high notes but it was like "you're insanely popular... With that voice?" Makes me sad for the folks with real talent.

11. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't pick between the two of them!
    I think Ari has a better voice, hands down, whilst Tay's personal style is closer to mine and I actually like it A LOT. As for songs, it's a tie - they both have really good songs and really crappy ones. Now, I can't really judge personality-wise because what I know about them comes strictly from the media, and we all know that it is not the most reliable source.... :confused:

12. Candace

Like bubsigma stated, I think Ariana has an amazing voice, yet I really like Taylor's writing style and personality (she seems really down to earth). I like both :S.