1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Marvel fans out there?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by cumberbatched, Nov 6, 2014.

1. cumberbatched

Hello! :smilewave I wanted to start this thread because I am a huge marvel fan. Unfortunately my knowledge is only that of what is in the movies because it is so hard to get copies of the comic books and there are like 18 thousand of them so yeah...but I thought it would be cool to find some people who share this interest and maybe talk about everything we like/dislike about MCU. Also, my favorite super hero is Iron Man; It's a close call between many others but I just can't help it. :grin: Anyways, feel free to chime in about anything Marvel related! :thumbsup:

2. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite is probably a oss up between Captain America and Iron Man. favorite girl character is Black Widow. She just so hot!!

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I don't know anything about comics but I'm a big fan of the characters and movies, for the most part. My favorite marvel characters are probably, Professor Xavier and Magneto, as well as storm and cyclops and deadpool and mystique and pretty much anything else Xmen. For the movies I like pretty much all of the CMU and xmen series as well as a few extra like the original spiderman movies.. or at least the first 2 anyway..

Super excited for Phase 3 to introduce some lesser known heroes I like such as Dr. Strange, Black Panther and especially the inhumans ^_^ Plus Civil War and the infinity war arcs getting adaptedgsajGVSDAGVBadjsFAHcantfuckinwait

4. cumberbatched

Yeah! I'm definitely excited for the new characters as well! I'm curious to see what happens with Ant Man, it will either be a huge success or a huge failure. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't read comics but I love all the Movies.
    I can't wait to see the New Avengers and Deadpool when they come out.
    Mistique is my favourite Hero.

6. Candace

Yes!! I watched X-Men first class the other night and it was awesome :grin:

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I have faith. I know it hasn't had the best production so far, but I'm pretty confident they'll give it the full Guardians treatment and everything. I'm more interested in the 'spinoffs' such as this and Dr. Strange at this point, compared to the Thor and captain america sequels and everything (Though since Cap 3 is civil war that one may switch things up some.... mahvel pls dont screw it up) O_O ;-;

Still in the back of my mind I fear they'll eventually hit that one, that just doesn't work out as planned and sets off a chain reaction. Or if one of the signature actors is replaced or something unexpected happens to them.. ;-;

8. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DOCTOR STRANGE!!!! .....and DAMION HELSTROM!!!!.....the list goes on but that is all =)

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

[​IMG]

I adore Blink.

I also enjoy:

Dr. Doom
    Magneto
    The Red Skull
    Carnage
    Green Goblin
    The Punisher
    Storm
    Wolverine
    The Hulk
    Quicksilver

10. candle

hello

i really like the deadpool comics and the movies :icon_bigg

11. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a fair bit about the comics and the movies...

My favourite character in the films is either Thor or Black Widow. In the comic books, it's Nightcrawler!

12. Burnedcloset

I love the movies but, I don't read the comics. Does that make me a poser?

favorite characters
    Female: black widow or shadowcat
    Male: captain America (Chris Evans <3)

13. yeahyeah

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't read the comics, I have all spider man issues but I haven't read them all. Anyway, I really like the X-men and fantastic four but I think my favorite character is Spider Man :grin:

14. White Knight

I was. Since 2000s Marvel become something I doesn't have any interest.

Movies are the only thing saving their face now.

I was into Captain America, Fantastic Four and Spider-man. They killed Captain to make him more popular before movie. Will end FF series because they don't have movie rights on Disney and again for making more popular they erased Peter/MJ marriage.

Don't worry Marvel soon will find a way to turn movies into garbage as well.

15. cumberbatched

Thanks for all the input, I'm glad to see there are so many of you! Anyone excited for the new Avengers movie?? :slight_smile:

16. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It sounds good. I was really glad to hear an interview where Joss Whedon said he was drawing inspiration from X2 on doing a deeper/more personal story for the sequel, instead of just focusing on over the top action as the first avengers did. X2 is a movie that succeeded beautifully at emotionally involving me with the characters and storyline, as well as my favorite marvel superhero movie of all time so that statement just made me really happy. I have high hopes for Age of Ultron and even higher for Phase 3.

17. David21201

i have some spiderman comics that i got for my 6th birthday and then some iron man ones for my 12th.
    Favorite Male: Deadpool or Spiderman (i ship it too)
    Favorite Female: Mystic (cant spell...)

18. White Knight

Mystique :icon_wink

I am looking forward to any kind of comic book movie... well except anything involving Superman. Man of Steel was awful. I also hate Iron Man but at least his movies were enternatining.

I think Marvel should continue doing movies while DC should stick with TV shows as they tend to be amazing.

19. Justinian20

Damn Marvel I like DC comics a lot more, just because a lot of the heroes don't have superpowers and are just like a dude with a bow and arrow, a caped crusader. But in relevance to this thread I like Iron Man the best cause he is well a normal guy in a suit of armor trying to save the world. So his achievements are tripled cause he is a mortal man with no superpowers at all except for majorly high levels of technology which to me is not so good and that's why he doesn't compare to DC Comics heroes like Batman and Green Arrow.