1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sir Elton John Concert

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Proud1p4, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

OMG.

You will never believe the past few days i've had.

First i have to get the backstory over with; when the local news station announced that Elton John had given the verdict to take his tour here to St. John's i was elated.
    I screamed out to my mom and she came running, the first thing i said was "we are going down 2 nights before tickets go on sale. Period.

Anyways the months flew by and soon enough, July was here and tickets went on sale.
    I was there 32 hours before noon on the day when the tickets went on sale.
    To say the least that was a memorable experience in and of itself. There are many a tale from that night. Perhaps i'll share a few if any of you are interested.
    Anyhow turns out i was 4th in line and managed to scoop up Floor Seating Row U for Opening Night. I was a tad disappointed that i was so far back when i was fourth in line (most of the tickets were sold online, which i find completely unfair). However, at the same time i felt immeasurably grateful for it was a blessing to get ANY tickets.

So now that is said; It was opening night last night and i felt oddly dazed. My mother took me to a nearby restaurant to eat with my Aunt and her friend (who we were sitting next to, we had seats 32-36). I didn't enjoy my meal at all, the service sucked and the food was terrible. So after a long wait for our dessert, we left prematurely telling the waitress to cancel our dessert order as we were not pleased. We still had awhile to wait before the concert so they took their time while i speed-walked ahead (as i usually do, i wait fast subconsciously).

Here's where either major karma or divine intervention or whathave you steps in.
    I was waiting outside Gate 4 (side entrance to the stadium) for my mom and company to catch up. Then, a man approached me.

He asked "Do you have a minute to talk?"
    I responded as most Newfoundlanders would "Certainly. I'm Kyle"
    He was wearing a laminated pass that identified him as part of the 'Road Crew'.
    "Hi, Kyle. I'm *****. Who are you here with tonight?..."
    Some pleasantries followed.
    "So how would you like front row tickets tonight?"
    At this point i almost god impatient but bewilderment struck me instead, i was wondering if this was one of those hidden camera tricks.

So he pulled out an envelope and handed us two tickets. Floor Seating Row A (Front Row). He put an armband on us with we later found out permitted us to go up during the final song and encore to the stage!
    I couldn't believe it, i burst into tears and started hugging this perfect stranger almost violently. I would've kissed him if i was in my right mind. All i could think is how grateful i was. If i was immeasurably grateful before then now the i was beyond immeasurable.

So sparing the long and uninteresting details. Just before the show started he found us in the front row. I jumped up and hugged him as if he was some long lost relative.
    He sat and chatted with me and my mom (my Aunt and her friend were back in Row U). He asked about my mom's occupation and my school work.
    My mother told him she was a nurse to which he had much to say. This man, Sir Elton John's flight attendant (he mentioned it during our chat) had cancer a long time ago and he had the highest respect for nurses.

Then.
    "So how would you like these seats again tomorrow night??"

We just about died. I honestly to this moment cannot imagine any way to give back to him what he has given to me.

In the end, i got an autograph from Sir Elton John himself. He also looked directly at me on the second night and pointed at me with a puzzled look as if to say "weren't you here last night?".
    At the end of the encore, he pointed at me again, unmistakably and smiled a big grin. That moment is engraved in my head for what i hope is an eternity.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wow, now that is something you will definitely remember the rest of your life! It couldn't of happened to a better person either! :slight_smile:

3. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow that's amazing. I saw Elton John recently. I bought tickets the minute they went on sale and still ended up with lower bowl row S tickets. He went nearly 3 hours without stopping.

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Awwe, thank you becky!!
    You're too kind. (*hug*)
    I'm still reeling for the whole experience it'll probably be mid-October, sitting on the couch before it hits me fully.

Same!! He played for nearly 3 hours, no breaks. Simply a glass of water submerged in a bucket of ice was placed next to his piano.
    This was part of his solo tour so it was just him and his piano. Phenomenal.