1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who - Death in Heaven and Series 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by roryoswinpond, Nov 8, 2014.

1. roryoswinpond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    MASSIVE SPOILERS WILL LIKELY FOLLOW

I'm still reeling from the climax of Death in Heaven!

Will Clara and the Doctor be reunited? Will Michelle Gomez return as The Master (I PRAY THAT SHE DOES)? What the f*** was Santa Claus doing?

It was such a great series. Highlights? Low points? Any other comments?

2. Ryujin

Loved this series.
    Loved this series.
    Loved this series.

So much variety in the episodes, eccentric characters, more dark things and all sorts, it was great!

3. Stupid Stunt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The whole series was average at best, love the new Doctor but please give him better scripts.

The ending was a total letdown compared to the huge adventures Russel T. Davies used to pull off.

Have the BBC tightened the pursestrings or something, i very much doubt it but i really hope we've seen the back of Clara.

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Such a good series! And a FANTASTIC finale!

**SPOILERS BELOW**

So sad and bittersweet - both the Doctor and Clara lying to each other at the end, for each other :frowning2:. Is this the end for them?

And: OMG, I hope Missy does somehow return! So crazy and amazing! Such a good character opposite Peter Capaldi! And dare I say that, in spite of being somewhat older than me, I find her quite attractive (and completely insane??!!!)

I liked the way the relationships between them all became more complex. And how the Doctor's and Clara's developed as she adapted to the new Doctor. And I think it was right to give her a separate love interest. I love Peter Capaldi's Doctor and his complete indifference/ignorance of Clara as a woman eg. asking her about the paint on her face, and in another episode, thinking that as she might bring her boyfriend home, he'd better hide in the bedroom so he wouldn't get in the way. LOL.

5. Tardis2020

As someone who thought this season sucked terribly, I really thought this was one of the best episodes (coupled with Dark Water). I was ready to cry multiple times.

And the Brigadier came back to save his daughter and get that salute. GUT WRENCHING!

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Missy. Holy mother of god of fuck Missy. Sweet caramel tits with a bag of cheesy Doritos and ice cream, Missy. She's awesome. And then the whole reveal happened and I loved that. Oh my god. Missy. She's a piece of work, a real masterpiece. A true work of art that was probably done by every single artist ever. I love her so much. She really works it, and she KNOWS IT. Oh my god.

Yeah, she's coming back. No doubt about that, here. She knows what she's doing.

Oh, by the way. Clara's done, now. For those actually wondering. Jenna Coleman quit the show ages ago. So, yeah. I'm glad it was done well.

BUT MISSY. MISSSSSYYYYYYYYYY.

#6 Jinkies, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  7. antibinary

We all know that the master's death won't stick.

8. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hated Danny Pink and I hope he stays dead this time.

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked the ending. I'm a sucker for emotional, cheesy, loose end-tying. Admittedly though, this season was like an emotional diet when it came to stories. I was also a fan of Clara, so I'm bummed she's leaving.

In the back of my mind I was hoping she'd end up with PE (I legitimately laugh out loud each time the Doctor refers to him as such...), even if I've seen cardboard boxes with more emotional depth than Pink (one could argue it is because he was a soldier, or it was possible foreshadowing for him becoming a cyberman).

As others have said, Missy was a delicious villain. She and Capaldi's Doctor have a very entertaining charisma.

All things considered, I enjoyed this season though. :slight_smile:

My brother and I are counting down until the Christmas special already.

10. Hexagon

One of the things I couldn't help but wondering was whether Missy ever experienced gender dysphoria.

11. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought it was the best of the series. I don't believe he killed the master.

12. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This a thousand times.

Also, is anyone gonna mention Osgood? No? Okay... I actually found that the most heart-destroying moment in the episode.

13. roryoswinpond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    YES. Osgood's death destroyed me.

Only two episodes I didn't like this season were Robot of Sherwood and The Caretaker. LOVED Dark Water, Listen, Kill the Moon, In The Forest of the Night and Death in Heaven.

14. Tardis2020

Osgood's death was terrible, especially since she was killed out of jealousy. Also, Missy probably never experienced gender dysphoria because she's a time lord and since they can naturally switch genders I would think that it is a minor change to them, just like hair or eye color.