1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did I develop such an extensive taste in music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Justinian20

My god, I'm a really strange guy when it comes to music. I have a very extensive taste in music and the only thing I hate is mainstream music of today.

I have no embarrassment in admitting I listen to Justin Timberlake and I do like his album FutureSex LoveSound. I also am not embarrassed in saying that I have a faint like of Australian Mainstream artist except for women who rap, that is going too far, if women want to rap, they should rap about politics like the Combat Wombat crew from Australia. There goes my rap and hip hop out the door, (what about The Herd or Koolism), Also in comes a bit of dirty rap from the early 2000's in 50 Cent, The Ying Yang Twins, Lil Jon(crunk), G-Unit, Ja Rule and even the Insane Clown Posse. What about other genres well what about metal, don't forget Majesty, Helloween and Blind Guardian, but those are only a few metal bands, what about Marilyn Manson, Rhapsody of Fire and Nightwish. Now lets go onto all types of rock, (Pink Floyd, The Cure, Mutiny, Airbourne, AC/DC, Rancid, Korn, Goldfinger and many more) now lets go to fun music(let's go back into my childhood), here comes the pop mania, with all your gay icons included. What about electronic(well there are too many subgenres to talk about them all but you do love your electronic and house music don't ya). Techno(pretty much the same for electronic in all respects but I do love Soma, Snog, Black Lung, Derrick May, Juan Atkins and Kevin Saunderson).

At that ain't even everything, Oh my goodness what's next, neo-classical and now includes medieval metal like Corvus Corax, Dead Can Dance and much more.

There is a lot more to this but hey don't you guys think I have a very extensive taste in music and that is mentioning the normal genres, I listen to plenty of obscure stuff as well. Everyone is probably like how in the bloody hell does this guy like all this stuff, the thing is though when people just say they listen to everything, do they really listen to everything. But even I admit I don't listen to everything.

I certainly am I little weird when it comes to just about everything, but here you go the gay man who has a massive range of taste. Who thinks that I am outright weird here like you will know I do know the obscure stuff I just chose for all of you more mainstream music just so that you guys know who I listen to. My childhood music pop and teenage music disappeared though. I don't listen to the American Rap or 80's pop anymore.

2. Justinian20

I amaze myself so often with the variety of how open I am with music. I will listen to any music before deciding I don't like it or I like it and ever since I got streaming I went out of mainstream music and started to listen to more different music types. I've started to become a bit of a music snob though. Do any of you guys know of music snobs that you may have come across.

3. kem

kem

I'm a part-time music snob, part-time music omnivore.

Most listened artists in the last 3 months:
    [​IMG]

album cloud, last 3 months:
    [​IMG]

I've been trying to get into metal and heavier music, as well as rap, with little success.

I like a lot of mainstream pop hits too. From Virgin-era Madonna to Oops-Britney to Poker-GaGa, there's no point denying that they have some catchy tunes!

#3 kem, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

There isn't a music style in the history of the world that I can't find some song that connects with...

Beethoven
    Frankie Vallie & the Four Season
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Linkin Park
    Foo Fighters
    Coldplay
    5 seconds to mars (aren't the dreamy)
    Niki Menaj

Wife and I have 100's of albums, probably close to a thousand CD's and they cover pretty much the history of music

Music is art, and everyone appreciates it diffferently

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was around 12 years old, I did not hang around much with kids my own age. A lot of people that I hung out with were in their late teens or early 20's and they liked being in my company because they looked at me as an old soul. However, in regard to music, they all had different taste and had opened my ears to genres that I was somewhat aware of to those that I was not. So, that is what exposed me to various genres of music.

6. Ryu

Ryu

I'm open to pretty much anything, bar modern mainstream dance and so on.
    Take my record collection; it ranges from the stray cats to accordian jazz, from led zeppelin to kurtis blow and nirvana to hank williams.

I like being so open to music.

7. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mainly listen to a lot of metal/punk and some electronica, pretty big into it as well and have been since around age 13ish or so. But, I also like to branch out to artists that isn't in that specified genre. I'm opened to about anything but most of the time if it isn't metal, punk, or electronica, I generally can't get into it. But, I do like artists such as Marina and the Diamonds, Emilie Autumn, etc..