1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good anime?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TrueHeartZ, Nov 14, 2014.

1. TrueHeartZ

I would like to know if there are any good anime people recommend. I like any kinda, but prefer action.

2. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I have been drifting away from anime and hardly ever watch any nowadays but the last one I watched, Kill La Kill, was all kinds of good. It's kinda recent(ish) (came out last year I believe) however if you want more up to date animes you'll have to ask someone else. I hear Tokyo Ghoul is pretty good tho and that's going on right now.

#2 Rawrzilla, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  3. Yosia

Akame Ga Kill is good, so is Sword Art Online, Shingeki No Kyojin/Attack On Titan, also Mirai Nikki - not as much action but it is AMAZING.

4. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My favourites are X/1999, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Death Note. One Piece is good but super long now lol. A nice mix up of action and romance is Chihayafuru or FAKE if you want a nice gay love story. Um...Claymore, Witch Hunter Robin, Beck, Vision of Escaflowne are all good.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just caught up with 'Akame Ga Kill' this week. That's what I was going to suggest. Basically you have this awesome team of assassins that target evil people and you get you learn a little bit about the good guys and the bad guys. It's brilliant. It really heats up near the end of the first episode. It doesn't try to downplay or sugarcoat the reality of killing people. But it doesn't overdo it and venture into grimdark territory. You'll even find some comedy in this show.

Mirai Nikki is more of an unholy psychological horror as you watch a dangerous yet intelligent girl try to win the love of her long-suffering love interest. They're involved in a battle royale and the prize is to become a god. You'll probably love it if you also watch shows such as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Elfen Lied and Deadman Wonderland. I personally liked Akagi for similar reasons. Who knew mahjong could be fun to watch? It is when the players bet their lives. Psychological battles can be a form of action. You can enjoy this show without knowing how to play mahjong.

Sword Art Online has a lot of action and it surprised me at times by being a little dark. Basically tons of people get stuck in a MMORPG, and dying in the game = dying in real life. I don't want to spoil this anime for anyone that hasn't seen it, but sometimes I was pleasantly surprised to see that it didn't magically save people at the last second. It slows down a bit when the hero falls in love (you must watch Toradora as well, if you like romance stories), but I found that mostly tolerable. If you like this, you may also enjoy Log Horizon, which has a very similar plot... I've only watched 2 episodes, but apparently dying in this one doesn't mean the characters die in real life. Accel World and No Game No Life might also appeal to you, if you play video games.

If you want something with action that is less dark and with plenty comedy, Angel Beats, is a good choice. If you want something with a lot of comedy and a little action, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, is amusing. Fate/Zero has some exciting fights, but I remember skipping forward sometimes because of excessive talking. Much more action in it than Fate/Stay Night though. Yeah, action or psychological horror is usually what I like in a anime.

6. LunaticSoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with watching Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, also I'd recommend Code Geass as it's got a lot of action, Neon Genesis Evangelion is another one. When it comes to comedy Azumanga Daioh is my all time favourtie. Aoi Bungaku but it doesn't have much action, it's more in the psychological genre.

7. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't seen THAT many anime (as compared to my friends) but I'd highly suggest anime like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood if you want action, as well as Kill la Kill, Wolf's Rain, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Death Note and Fairy Tail :slight_smile: