1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spore

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sblvd06, Oct 6, 2008.

1. sblvd06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's a new computer game created by the guy that made the Sims games. i think it sounds kinda cool because it's about like evolution and i'm a bio geek. Has anyone heard of it or have it?

2. Defender

Defender Guest

I have it :grin:. My older brother bought it for me for my birthday. Its pretty awesome! :grin:
    I love creating creatures. I just wish there were more options to alter the models etc.

3. Janvier

Well it was really hyped but didn't really live up to expectations, I've heard many people say that the game was too short, too easy and the ending is too repetitive. I haven't played it yet so I can't give you my own opinion but the creature creator is lots of fun :grin:
    And there's this whole DRM problem too.
    I'd say just download it, it's DRM-free and you don't have to give any hard earned cash to EA.
    I don't like downloading games because of all the time and effort put into making it but I think Spore is the exception, maybe EA will learn from it's mistakes.

4. MOS KONIG

MOS KONIG Guest

Can you use those creature in a world or just create it?

5. Defender

Defender Guest

I actually think too many people had really high expectations, and they screwed it over for themselves.

Both actually. You can start a new game and build things as you go through the story, or you can just jump straight to the Creatire Creator from the Main Menu :slight_smile:.

6. SlickyPants

I have it and love it. Sure I set my expectations a bit too high but the finished product is still a great game. I think one of the coolest aspects of the game is that you could spend years exploring this giant galaxy and never see encounter the same creature twice.

7. sblvd06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think i'm gonna get it. thanks for all the responses. :icon_wink

8. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

the sims 3!! i'm super excited lol.

9. Gaten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is pretty much very simple to master the game, so the actual uh.. gaming part? (creature/tribal/civ/space stages) isn't my favorite part of it.

My biggest peeve about the game is that 99% of the creature's (Maxis made) look like they've been designed by ten years.. and named by them too. They probably were too. I guess Maxis didn't have the time to create cool creatures so they used the ones from like a closed.. family beta testing or something? No idea!

I had to go back and create a ton of creatures for myself just so when I play the game the entire world isn't filled with ugly creatures with pretty much the same name - Ape, Apeorilla, Apester, Ape Monster. Originality please?! There's gotta be style when I play. =P

Creature creation is by far the most fun you'll have playing the game. It's so awesome. It's like playing God. =D

I think I'll add some of my creations to my profile right now if you wanna see some of the creatures you can make with the game.

10. Level N Human

11. Twilight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It looks fun cant play it because my PC is super old and out of date! I wish I had the money to update it but sadly cant! :{

12. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not putting Spore on my PC until the DRM restrictions are fixed.

It's a pity because it's a fantastic game. =/