1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First LGBT Movie viewed: Pride

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Justinian20

I viewed my first ever LGBT movie and something incredibly strange that has never happened to me while watching movies happened. I related to some of the characters(more specifically the gay ones) and it also got me emotionally invested in the film.

I have never actually related to anyone in films and cried at the same time, but this film seemed to do what other films cannot. In fact because it made me emotionally invested and I related to the characters I am gonna rate it highly as a favourite movie because it did things other films cannot do to me.

It's not even that sad as a film, but it made me cry(not making noise while crying but I could feel tears running down my face which to me is crying).

I can't believe that I actually cried during a film, but then I think I understand why it was an LGBT film and I am gay so therefore I am probably going to cry and have an emotional reaction when sad and good things happen to the LGBT characters.

2. IwillBeStrong

I felt exact the same way when I started to watch LGBT movies. I could totally relate and I kinda felt good about that as while watching straight movies I couldn't. :slight_smile:

3. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

I recommend in no particular order:

Beautiful Thing
    The Birdcage
    To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything
    Transamerica
    Soldiers Girl
    Milk
    Priscilla Queen of the Desert
    Latter Days
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Mysterious Skin
    A Home at The End of The World
    Prayers for Bobby ( I do not get emotional at many films - but this nearly broke me - a truly great film though)

[YOUTUBE]sSee8On2lEQ[/YOUTUBE]

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Milk was such an eye-opener for me. I actually think it played a big part in me deciding to come out.

5. Justinian20

I've already seen Priscilla Queen of the Desert, it was good no doubt about it. But I think I will definitely view some more LGBT films, and if they make me all emotional while watching I'll just have to rate them all as very good films because in my opinion, a film that can actually make me have tears run down my face while watching is a good film.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I absolutely agree. Between this and Mike's appearance on Real World DC, it opened my eyes that I would eventually come out. Even though it was 3-4 years after the fact...