1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Zombie Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kaiser, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Zombies have become very popular, especially in the last decade, despite them being around before that. I, myself, can enjoy a good zombie film; and I do, actually.

I'm curious if anybody else enjoys zombie movies, and if so, which one is your favorite? If you can't decide on one, feel free to list as many as you prefer.

2. White Knight

My least favorite horror genre creatures... or fantasy gaming undead enemies.

Do Resident Evil series count? I like those.

and MJ's Thriller dance. :grin: He looks like one of my high school english teachers when in zombie form.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Shaun of the Dead
    - This thing was crazy good, i mean... it's exactly my type of comedy, err i mean... horror!

Dawn of the Dead
    - Movie was "meh", but the opening really blew me away!

4. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like watching zombie movies.

My favorites are Braindead (Dead Alive), Resident Evil and 28 Days Later :thumbsup:

But there are some other cool movies like
    - Land of the dead
    - Dawn of the dead
    - Diary of the dead
    (A lot of dead :eek: :icon_bigg)

And not really zombie movies and more comedy instead are Zombieland and Shaun of the dead :slight_smile:

5. RAdam

Zombieland!

6. tulipinacup

I really like Carrier. It's not a known movie which starred Chris Pine and what's also interesting is that it rarely involves Zombies or Infected People but focuses on the drama so we get to see some really good acting here. I wouldn't want to show the trailer because it gives way too many plot details.

Shawn of The Dead is highlarious. My favourite scene of the movie was when they had to pretend that they were Zombies to get to the other building

The Remake of Dawn of the Dead is another favourite of mine. Another stellar performances especially Sarah Polley. Never seen the Original but I think this movie gives a great suspense.

I'll add 28 Weeks Later but only because of their soundtrack:
    In the House, In a Heartbeat - John Murphy - YouTube

7. 741852963

Yeh, thats a a pretty good one.

There have been so many great zombie films, hard to narrow down:
    -Pontypool (Watch it, love it) - So incredibly bizarre in its concept and a real slow-burner (perhaps too slow for many) but its weirdness is what makes it. Was somewhat remade/copied a year later with "Dead Air"
    -Rec
    -The Dead (2010)
    -Dawn of the Dead (both original and remake)
    -28 days later
    -The Crazies (remake) - Perhaps not quite a zombie film, but still scary as hell

And not forgetting TV series:
    -The Walking Dead (obviously)
    -Dead Set - Sheer quality - terrifying, funny, poignant. Plus it actually has Davina McCall in it parodying herself- whats not to love?!
    -In the Flesh - Quite simply the best TV zombie/romance/drama/social commentary/black comedy ever produced (albeit probably the only one!). It'll have you laughing at times and balling your eyes out like an emotional wreck at others.

#7 741852963, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  8. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

28 days later.

Zombie movies often fail to live up to my expectations. The only zombie-related things that have truly been amazing for me are from 'The Walking Dead' franchise.

9. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Shawn of the Dead.

10. Dented

Either Shaun Of The Dead or 28 Days Later.

11. Benway

Benway Guest

Anyone who hasn't seen the 1978 original Dawn of the Dead isn't a zombie fan at all. It's only like, the greatest zombie movie ever made and every zombie movie following it has copied something from it in even the most minute detail.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm surprised at how many people, according to this thread, have either, not seen that film, or consider it a favorite. So, you aren't alone in this thinking.

Years ago, I'd have easily said, either Night of the Living Dead or Dawn of the Dead, were my favorite zombie films. I even have a soft spot for Return of the Living Dead, as I personally like the idea of practically indestructible zombies. In the Return of the Living Dead films, a blow to/through the head won't kill a zombie -- you have to cremate them, but this becomes a problem, for two reasons. One, it isn't easy to just burn a body, let alone many of them. And two, burning them tends to put, various chemicals, into the sky, where, upon raining, they are re-released back into the ground, thus causing a never-ending recycling of the undead.

But, in the past two years, the underrated Day of the Dead, has grown on me. I used to dislike it, due to how underwhelming it felt in comparison to Dawn of the Dead, but I was somewhat of a cinematic idiot back then. Now, I understand the budget struggles, and realize just how dark and maniacal a film this is.

It's depressing, because the end of the world seems assured.
    It's claustrophobic, because everybody is forced underground.
    It's interesting, because of the "research" done on re-educating zombies.
    It's lonely, because, the underground bunker roster, is dwindling.
    It's maddening, because the remaining survivors, are losing their grip on reality.
    It's gorier and grittier, too.

But it also has Captain Rhodes, who is a fucking dick, but is the most captivating character, I think, in the entire film. His final few moments are, in my opinion, one of the most hilariously macabre, in any zombie film. He blows away anybody else in the Romero series of films, if you ask me.

I tend to like well-played villains.

#12 Kaiser, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  13. Ryujin

Other than Shaun of the Dead, which is brilliant by the way, I haven't watched any zombie films

14. White Knight

Okay while we are at Zombie movies I better ask this question.

Am I the only one who can't stop thinking how awful those things would smell while watching a zombie movie? Or waiting for a vampire's lips to fall of after a kiss?

15. Benway

Benway Guest

You have excellent taste, Day of the Dead is very underrated, and although the movie was intended to be much larger and grandiose in scale, it turned out to be a fantastic film in the end. Captain Rhodes might be my favorite villain of all time, he's the definition of a fascist in a world gone mad...

[YOUTUBE]PRWbg8A3rDg[/YOUTUBE]

16. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually like 28 Weeks Later. I know, right? Not even 28 Days Later! I just found that the commentary on the American military solution was a more interesting theme.

17. Rainbows~Exist

Shaun of the Dead. Now that's funny!

18. Silas

[​IMG]

19. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shaun of the dead without a doubt, one of the funniest horror films I've ever seen.

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, the smell would be the source of most of the horror. Unless the zombie virus somewhat preserved the bodies so they decomposed slowly/didn't smell as bad.

But vampires maintain themselves by drinking blood; how else would they be immortal or far more powerful than zeds? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My favorite is a toss-up between the newer Dawn of the Dead and Zombieland. The former because it was my introduction to the zombie apocalypse genre (before I saw them as localized, mostly non-dangerous bad guys) and the latter because of just about everything.