1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musicals ie. Barbra Streisand ; Glee; Broadway

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Male Streisand, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everybody!

Are there any Musical theatre fans out here?

My favourite musical by far has to be Funny Girl played by Barbra Streisand in the 1960s. And also Rachel Berry(Lea Michele on Glee) playing Fanny Brice(Funny Girl).

Any other Broadway fans? Who can Recommend Great Musicals to go watch?(!)(!):icon_bigg:slight_smile:

2. White Knight

I love musicals... movies, tv shows, stage shows, theathre or opera. Unluckily only Broadway Musical I've seen as musical is the Cats.

I like everything Barbra.

3. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Big musical fan here and it doesnt matter if it is on stage or on film.My favorite on film is Chicago or Singin in the Rain but there are soo many to choose from.I adore Laura Bell Bundy,Idina Menzel,Lea Michele. I also enjoyed Burlesque the movie with Christina Aguilera and i also loved Nine

4. Really

Did you see the TV show Smash? It was only on for two short seasons so if you blinked, you may have missed it but it was very good. About putting on a Broadway musical.
    Smash (TV Series 2012

5. phony

I saw smash!! soooo much fun!!! ALso I love rock musicals (Rent, spring awakening, next to normal, american idiot) but any musical can catch my eye really

6. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely LOVED Burlesque! So amazeballs! Also love Idina Menzel in Wicked, and Lea Michele! Have you heard Kristen Chenoweth sing? Incredible!!!:eusa_danc

7. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a big Broadway fan. My partner actually did several shows with Kristen Chenoweth--he says she's really a sweetheart. As far as my favorite shows I'd have to say anything Sondheim--Company, Merrily We Roll Along, Sweeney Todd, Pacific Overturnes, Sunday in the Park with George, all of it. My understanding is that he's doing an all gay retooling of Company. I will fly to New York to see it if it comes off. I always enjoy an evening of musical theater and have hundreds of cast recordings, sort of obsessed I suppose... Ah, challenging stereotypes left and right.:lol:

8. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMG! Kristen Chenoweth is such an incredible singer. Burlesque i love sooo much especially Christina Aguilera! she is one of my role models and i love anything and everything she does <3 Menzel to me is just heaven omg love her. I could talk hours with you on musicals and theater. i am also a big film person too :slight_smile:

9. Candace

Not really into Broadway musicals, but Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson was awesome when I saw it a few years ago :slight_smile:

10. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My absolute Favourite Musicals right now are: Wicked; Funny Girl; Chicago; West Side Story and Grease!

I plan on one day on playing the roles of Nick Arnstein, Tony Wyzek and Danny Zuko :wink:

11. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMG i just watched West Side Story the other night. i adore Natalie Wood and Rita Moreno sooo perfect. "I Feel Pretty" is one of my absolute fave numbers from a musical. Chicago is sooo good too i love "Cell Block Tango" I would love to see you in those roles. you seem to love musicals and that makes you adorable to me lol

12. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hehe :icon_redf thank you! One of my biggest dreams is to play the role of Fanny Brice from funny girl, I know I'm a guy and my voice is quite deep, but I would just love to belt out the notes of "I'm The Greatest Star" and "I'd rather be blue". The chances of that ever happening is extremely low, but it's nice to dream isn't it?:slight_smile::smilewave

Streisand

13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is an LGBT forum--of course there are musical fans here :wink:

I'm a big fan of musicals. Personal favorites are:

The Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, Les Miserables, Sweeney Todd, Follies, Anything Goes, Cats, Pippin, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Into the Woods...so many. If you haven't seen or listened to any of the ones I listed, you should :slight_smile:

14. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of my favourite musical theatre singers: Willemijn Verkaik, Louise Dearman, Idina Menzel, Madalena Alberto. Favourite musicals: Wicked and Evita.

In December I'm going to see Willemijn perform in Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. Which is pretty much what I feel like at the moment. XD

15. one and only

I love musical films some of my favorites are Chicago, Burlesque, Cry-Baby, and Grease.

16. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I definitely love musicals! My sister knows way more than I do about actors and such. Only stage productions I've seen have been Wicked (seen it twice) and Phantom of the Opera, so far. I would love to see Spiderman, RENT, American Idiot, Mama Mia, Lion King, or basically anything.

I just love stage. My sister's an actor and I'm a literature major so I guess I just love it all.

17. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm obsessed with musical films. My favorite are Chicago and Nine, although lately I've been listening non stop to Les mis. Oh, and Funny girl is incredible! Barbra's voices is amazing.