1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mind-Blowing Fact

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by greatwhale, Nov 22, 2014.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was taking my first chemistry lessons, the prof told us that in your typical atom the distance between an electron and a nucleus is comparable in scale to the distance between Pluto (when it was still considered a planet) and the sun. He stated plainly that most of the universe is empty space! So I knew this already, but the implications of this are illustrated here:

[​IMG]

Now think about the amount of space you personally would occupy in that sugar cube, and yet here you and I exist...we think...Makes you think that everything around us is just a very, very, very, thin surface...

Think about that for a moment...shuddering permitted. :grin:

2. shinji

shinji Guest

So basically we are empty shells composed of these small particles that barely hold us together, yet we manage to survive, to be strong and do amazing things. Sugar cubes on the other hand are delicious (obviously talking about cane sugar, since it's the best for tea).

I get why you think this is amazing and mind blowing, but i simply don't see it that way.

The same concept dictates that we can never truly touch another person, there always will be a space between us, regardless of how small it is. So, yeah...

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! :icon_bigg So this is what my mother meant when she said I had nothing between the ears.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another atom-related fact: The like charge between electrons makes them repel each other. That means you have come *very* close, but never actually touched anything in your life on the atomic level. The sensation of touching is created by your nerves.

SCIENCE!!

5. Fantie

Fantie Guest

Britney Spears sold more albums than Rihanna GAGA and Beyonce combined.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well there are findings they can even behave like a wave...

this plugs in to what is called maya... illusion...
    emphasizing things are of fieldlike nature...

awesome possibilities for mind and imagination...