1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy Metal?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by medulhed, Nov 22, 2014.

1. medulhed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My first obsession is music. Especially metal. Thrash, Death, Black, Grindcore, Nu-Metal, Industrial, Post and Pre Hardcore. Also, Punk, and 90's Alternative. Are there any other metal heads here?

2. The iD

Hell to the yeah! I'm a rapper but I still have mostly metal on my phone. Dying Fetus is one of my favorites!

3. medulhed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Awesome! Love DF! I've been blasting Lividity, Morbid Angel, Children of Bodom and Kreator on the 30 min ride to and from work. Gotta start/end the day right!

4. Ryujin

Yeah. I like prog metal, speed metal, power metal, heavy metal. Screw it, I like all metal except for like doom, and I can even stand some of that. I like pretty much all music.

5. medulhed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nice! Warriors of the World UNITE!

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2014 at 07:56 PM ----------

Hair metal is really the only kind I don't like.

6. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Ignorant about most metal here, seems an impenetrable meta-genre to me because there's so many subgenres within subgenres, and I have to be in the right mood for it. I quite like Mastodon and Motorhead, a little bit of Megadeth, Iron Maiden, what little I've heard of Opeth, and some of Porcupine Tree's heavier material. Even these groups all sound completely different.

It's when things start sounding like Dream Theater that I get turned off. Ugh.

#6 Miles16, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  7. Ryujin

Ooh yeah, forgot, I do like industrial metal.

8. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Quite enjoy metal (among many other genres), but I don't like how many metal fans will go all batshit crazy if you don't know every single song/lyrics/album of every band you ever listened to.

9. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Currently listening to Iron Maiden's 'Wrathchild' - I forgot how tight and bullshit-free this band could be compared to a lot of others. That's what I like a lot about Motorhead too

10. Ryujin

You'll get that in all genres really

11. medulhed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All good stuff here. I recently really started getting into Megadeth. I can't believe it took me this long! And Opeth... blows my mind! Favorite song is Bleak. And, yeah I know what you guys are saying about subgenres and lyrics. It gets really complicated. Too complicated. Some metalheads will get downright offended if you like Cannibal Corpse AND Slipknot. I like whatever I like and I'm not going to ridicule anyone else's tastes.

12. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

This is truth. Music snobbery knows no limits of genre.

Some of the nicest most down to earth folks I've met have been ardent metalheads

13. zkdorko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I listen to quite a variety of music.. but I'd like to say that I looooove Asking Alexandria!

14. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell yeah! I love almost every metal genre and some related genres. Death Metal (Old School, Technical, Brutal, etc, this is like my faveourite type of music in the history of ever), Black Metal (Melodic and Symphonic are fine as well), Power Metal, Industrial Metal, Thrash Metal, Doom Metal (mostly Traditional and Funeral), Folk Metal, Sludge Metal, and yeah I listen to some Deathcore and Nu-Metal. I'm also a big fan of Blackened Death Metal and Industrial Black Metal. Some bands I listen to are really experimental and I just tag them as Avant-garde Metal. The genres are all over the place!

Generally, the more aggressive, the more I like it. I really dig Dismember, Dissection, Bloodbath, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Massacra, Deathspell Omega, Anaal Nathrakh, 1349... and there's no way I'd be able to recall them all! xD

15. medulhed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I made a list of all the bands I like and it was in the 300s. Since then I've probably doubled that. Then I've seen a ton live. Fear Factory. Cannibal Corpse. As I Lay Dying. Black Dahlia Murder. Jungle Rot. Deicide. Lacuna Coil. Opeth. Atreyu. Soulfly. Severed Savior. Dark Funeral. Mudvayne. Sworn Enemy. Cold. Underoath. Tool. The Devil Wears Prada. Everytime I Die. Scarlet. Puya... the list goes on and on...

16. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    <<<< Tech Death guitarist.

17. MusicislifeXD

I listens to all of the bands people have listed here!! It's good to see other people enjoy music as much as I do.XD

18. TheHesitantAlien

A Day To Remember are my favourite metal band! I know it's kinda off-topic, but I like alternative pop-punk as well (*cough, cough*...My Chemical Romance...) XD

19. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't describe myself as a metalhead, but I like what I've heard of Opeth, Blind Guardian, Pain of Salvation but especially Edge of Sanity (Crimson is awesome). Also it's been months since I dipped into it but I remember being interested in some King Diamond as well... can't believe it didn't occur to me to play one of his albums at halloween!

As I say, I haven't gone headlong into metal yet, but I've skirted around some of it and I like what I've heard :icon_bigg

20. medulhed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wish I could 'like' all these comments. All great bands! I'm so happy to see other people who are into this like I am!