1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avatar series and legend of korra is ending, And I'm so depressed about it.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BaconMonster, Nov 22, 2014.

1. BaconMonster

There are a handful of shows that I really love and they all have their merits. However, the avatar series is a show I grew up with. It's in it's own category. It's the only show that I can definitively say has affected me on an emotional level. It's brought me to tears, It's made me laugh, it's made me happy, sad, angry, anxious, and everything in between. There's nothing like it and there never will be and the writer's have said that they are getting tired of the franchise and that they wish to move on to other things. Also, nick has received less rating's for the show over the years because of the increasing number of onlines viewers and piracy.

I hate it when good shows get cancelled.

2. greenunicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love Avatar! I am going to miss it so much but at least there's plenty of episodes to rewatch...

3. Ryujin

I cried when I finished Avatar: The Legend of Aang
    Luckily, I still have 2 seasons to go on the The Legend of Korra

4. kunglaomksm

Legend Of Korra didn't get cancelled, Nick specifically ordered a number of episodes so Bryke made Books 2,3 and 4. LOK began its downfall because of Book 2's not so good ratings(compared to Book 1). Remember Book 3's airing times? It became a mess because 6 episodes were leaked so Nickelodeon just aired it spontaneously without any advertisement. The result of course made the ratings even more lower because nobody knows it's airing and most viewers gave up on Korra because they didn't like Book 2 and never bothered to continue. And the last 5 episodes of Book 3 became only available because ratings are not going up. Then Nick decided to air Book 4 just a couple months after Book 3. The worst part is Nickelodeon actually slashed the budget for Book 4 thus the team are forced to make a clip show for one episode(Book 4 Episode 8).

So as you can see the piracy is not the only one making the show lose ratings. It's the lack of effort Nickelodeon to promote LOK and some fans are just Korra and refuse to watch after Book 2 which is their loss since Books 3 & 4 are the best in Legend Of Korra(in my opinion).
    Let's just enjoy guys & gals cause Brian said that the last 5 episodes of Korra will be the bomb and I'm very excited! (!)

*SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCH BOOK 4 YET, DON'T READ ON*
    Anyone else excited for Toph bringing hell to the guys destroying her swamp? I know I am.:lol:

#4 kunglaomksm, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014