1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asian Roots/Folk music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by edgy, Nov 24, 2014.

1. edgy

edgy Guest

i'm new to this

so could you guys just post some bands or songs or videos of Asian folk music?

I think i like Chinese the best, i could be wrong because i'm so new to this

2. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Hello! I love China, Korea, and Japan! :slight_smile: Anyway, in the Chinese classes that I attended for some time, I learned to sing a traditional, famous Chinese song and its called Mo Li Hua (this is not pinyin, sorry :grin: ) or Jasmine flower. I think its a really beautiful song and all of my Chinese teachers agree :slight_smile: Its a girl singing about the beauty of Mo Li Hua, about wanting to pick it but being afraid of getting scolded and being afraid that it won't grow again the coming year, etc.. :slight_smile: There's a problem however as there are indefinite versions of it, and a few versions may have you dislike the song.. I hope you listen to the calm, traditional, beautiful, and peaceful version! :slight_smile: I hope you like it! Besides that also try Taihu Lake (again with various versions). Wo ai Zhong guo ^-^ (don't know if this is gramatically correct!)

3. Amerigo

[YOUTUBE]syhm13mms8A[/YOUTUBE]

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Great subject! :grin:

Pungmul - Korean Folk Dance with awesome headgear!
    [youtube]ztGeP1wCSiE[/youtube]

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2014 at 10:21 AM ----------

Also, can't forget India!

Tandava - dance to Shiva ("Nataraja" - Lord of the Dance)
    [youtube]Si-p6gRN3p0[/youtube]